Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Local Council Elections

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Who deserves your support in Brighton and Hove and why? Local issues only.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
In Worthing I'm voting Lib Dem.

The Tory chap who knocked on my door seemed decent enough, and tried to distance himself from the shambolic show going on in national politics right now, but I can't completely divorce the two, which is why Labour is also out of my own personal equation.

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
I'm thinking that Labour are going to take a big old pummeling in Brighton & Hove. There isnt really a viable right option to punish the Tories with but I can see the Greens and less so Lib Dems hoovering up the centre and left vote from Labour

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Interesting to see a police van parked highly visibly by the polling station in Preston Park. Don't recall seeing that on previous election days...

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
I'm going Green in Central Hove......Come on Aditi:love:

aditi.jpg

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Voted for two Green candidates in the Lewes District elections.

Had four choices in the Seaford Town elections but the only palatable one to me was Labour. And the guy had bothered to put a leaflet through my door (something about remembering the time when chalk was routinely added to flour – which I'm definitely against, so he gets my vote).

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Will be voting for the two greens (the only party to have bothered to court my vote) in Brunswick ward.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
It's a shame that people can't separate national and local politics. These elections are nothing to do with Corbyn's views on Brexit (or indeed Brexit full stop) or the 'performance' of our tragically-inept government - this is about local services. Go and vote for the people you think can do that best. (Labour, obviously).

D

Deleted member 22389

It's a shame that people can't separate national and local politics. These elections are nothing to do with Corbyn's views on Brexit (or indeed Brexit full stop) or the 'performance' of our tragically-inept government - this is about local services. Go and vote for the people you think can do that best. (Labour, obviously).

Still no point.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
What's the point of it, nobody listens.

Still no point.

sheldon-throwing-papers-gif.gif :thumbsup:

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003

If only.

2 seats up for grabs in our District Council ward, standing are 2 Conservatives and 2 Indepenents that were previously funded by the BNP.
For the first time in my life I have voted Conservative to try to ensure the racists don't get in by the back door.

I feel dirty

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here