Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast
    Harry Wilson's Tackle Harry Wilson's tackle's Avatar

Our vigilant immigration regime

3 Not allowed!
    I have posted several time on various threads commenting on the hundreds of characters (Albanian?) doing ball under cup scams on Westminster Bridge under the watchless eye of uninterested plod.

Meanwhile I just heard that my mate's son, who met, fell in love with, and married an American women, has been told she will not be allowed to move to the UK. He has a good job. There are no criminal convictions. They are white and literate.

Elsewhere, tens of thousands of mainly Chinese students have had their visas revoked owing to language proficiency fraud. Good. And yet, at a Russel Group uni, where I work, I listened to a talk the other week by a Chinese student who, in her project on neuropharmacology, did not know how to pronounce synapse or explain what one was. This is like a painter not knowing what a paintbrush is or what to do with it.

Not wishing to morph into an ersatz Alfredmizen, what the actual ****? Our immigration 'police' are just picking off easy targets so they can provide this shitshow of a government with stats to show how tough they are, isn't it.

This country is in a sad and pathetic pickle.

Correct me if I'm wrong (but not using bogus statistics, please - 99% of bogus statistics are initially uplifting but ultimately unsatisfying).
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0Q93v7hGZA
    It's only them that aren't their targets that love the violent and the madmen
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MLijS6Cstk

• North Stand Chat

advertising

1 Not allowed!
      Guess the Uni was just happy to take the international student fees ?
      "Prejudice is a great time saver. You can form opinions without having to get the facts"

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Harry Wilson's tackle View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Suddenly I'm hungry for a sandwich and my mrs says she would prefer a cucumber. I can't figure it out. Why is she buying so many cucumbers and leaving them around the house?
      So anything less than Tottenham depending on the sides' difference in points and GD is that degree of "'ell"

If that is the case Brighton "ell is getting a bit hotter.
      Progressive Patriot clapham_gull's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Harry Wilson's tackle View Post
      I have posted several time on various threads commenting on the hundreds of characters (Albanian?) doing ball under cup scams on Westminster Bridge under the watchless eye of uninterested plod.

Meanwhile I just heard that my mate's son, who met, fell in love with, and married an American women, has been told she will not be allowed to move to the UK. He has a good job. There are no criminal convictions. They are white and literate.

Elsewhere, tens of thousands of mainly Chinese students have had their visas revoked owing to language proficiency fraud. Good. And yet, at a Russel Group uni, where I work, I listened to a talk the other week by a Chinese student who, in her project on neuropharmacology, did not know how to pronounce synapse or explain what one was. This is like a painter not knowing what a paintbrush is or what to do with it.

Not wishing to morph into an ersatz Alfredmizen, what the actual ****? Our immigration 'police' are just picking off easy targets so they can provide this shitshow of a government with stats to show how tough they are, isn't it.

Correct me if I'm wrong (but not using bogus statistics, please - 99% of bogus statistics are initially uplifting but ultimately unsatisfying).
      I had a Chinese Lecturer at London University when I did my Computer Science Masters. Looking at his profile it was quite obvious the man was a genius but unfortunately I couldn't understand a word he said and never could anyone else. Fortunately his notes were brilliant.

However to put that into context, one of my best mates is from Ghana and during the cold war he went to study Engineering in Russia... in Russian.

First year learn Russian, then do degree and he passed.

There are levels to how well you learn a language and apparently understanding "comedy" in another language is the peak. Well having studied at three Universities and been around a number of foreign students, I'll never understand how they manage.

Doing a masters in a foreign language ? Blimey.

I can understand basic food in Spanish and order a beer.

Ask for sausage and chips in Polish (with mustard).

Say my break lights are broken in German.

That's it......
      A. Virgo, Football Genius

1 Not allowed!
      you're not wrong, but those chaps on Westminster Bridge are easy pickings too arent they? the fault is probably about procedure and bureacracy, you go through process and jump the correct hoops in the right way, stay, wrong and no entry/kicked out. bonus points for ticking self funded and short term (as a student), even when they know there are thousands of sham courses. when they're off the radar, well its easier to not count isnt it? all that paperwork, processing, etc.
      Daily Mail readers are living in a perpetual hell, expecting their homes to be overrun at any minute by hoodie wearing, skunk smoking, muslim, transgender, asylum seekers.
      Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class Juan Albion's Avatar
      Pontypool (Not THAT Pontypool, the one with the zombies)

15 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by clapham_gull View Post
      Say my break lights are broken in German.
      Coming soon - writing it correctly in English.
      Daniel Ortega must go. Hero turned villain. Murderous scum.
      Members

12 Not allowed!
      You had my attention and I was interested in the reasons and logistics until you used the word "white" . I like your posts on many subjects on here. But to look for favour due to colour turned me off. There should be no colour in our Society . Only Humanity and Humatrian situations
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Last response was to Clapham Gull
      Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class Juan Albion's Avatar
      Pontypool (Not THAT Pontypool, the one with the zombies)

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by NooBHA View Post
      Last response was to Clapham Gull
      Are you sure?
      Daniel Ortega must go. Hero turned villain. Murderous scum.
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Juan Albion View Post
      Are you sure?
      Oh sorry it was to Harry Wilson's Tackle. I like his posts a lot but I didn't like that reference. He is a good poster. For me colour just doesn't exist. Only nice people