Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Our vigilant immigration regime

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Not since Theresa May was in the Home Office. There is a hostile attitude to all now.

My info was taken from the UK immigration site. My Brother got married last year to a HK citizen, went for an interview with the proof required and visa was granted.
As long as you can check the required boxes and don't raise any flags, all will be good.

https://www.gov.uk/uk-family-visa/partner-spouse

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
You had my attention and I was interested in the reasons and logistics until you used the word "white" . I like your posts on many subjects on here. But to look for favour due to colour turned me off. There should be no colour in our Society . Only Humanity and Humatrian situations

He appears to be stating a fact (unless he's lying), not 'looking for favour'. The word 'white' is not proscribed yet.

Because of the way the Government functions (setting targets, while reducing resources so they cannot be properly met) is the reason civil servants go for easy targets; hence the Windrush scandal.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
That's not his fault. No need to apologise. I like his posts on this site. I just took offence on a small issue. That's just me being over sensitive. I can be too argumentative for my own good sometimes
t's not a small issue though. It's a massive issue. Such a clear indication that someone thinks being white puts them above others. Disgusting and inexcusable.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
I have posted several time on various threads commenting on the hundreds of characters (Albanian?) doing ball under cup scams on Westminster Bridge under the watchless eye of uninterested plod.

Meanwhile I just heard that my mate's son, who met, fell in love with, and married an American women, has been told she will not be allowed to move to the UK. He has a good job. There are no criminal convictions. They are white and literate.

Elsewhere, tens of thousands of mainly Chinese students have had their visas revoked owing to language proficiency fraud. Good. And yet, at a Russel Group uni, where I work, I listened to a talk the other week by a Chinese student who, in her project on neuropharmacology, did not know how to pronounce synapse or explain what one was. This is like a painter not knowing what a paintbrush is or what to do with it.

Not wishing to morph into an ersatz Alfredmizen, what the actual ****? Our immigration 'police' are just picking off easy targets so they can provide this shitshow of a government with stats to show how tough they are, isn't it.

This country is in a sad and pathetic pickle.

Correct me if I'm wrong (but not using bogus statistics, please - 99% of bogus statistics are initially uplifting but ultimately unsatisfying).
So if your mates son married a non-white American it would have been a decision supported by you?

It's the racists we should be kicking out if this country. That would get my full support.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
He appears to be stating a fact (unless he's lying), not 'looking for favour'. The word 'white' is not proscribed yet.

Because of the way the Government functions (setting targets, while reducing resources so they cannot be properly met) is the reason civil servants go for easy targets; hence the Windrush scandal.

It's more around that he didn't need to mention being white ..... in the same way he doesn't need to mention they both have two legs .... it's irrelevent to his argument. The ironic thing being his rants against people he calls racist on the Brexit thread !

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
It's more around that he didn't need to mention being white ..... in the same way he doesn't need to mention they both have two legs .... it's irrelevent to his argument. The ironic thing being his rants against people he calls racist on the Brexit thread !

Exactly he’d put himself on ignore, if it weren’t for his Narcissistic personality disorder.

Very disappointing thread opener.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
You had my attention and I was interested in the reasons and logistics until you used the word "white" . I like your posts on many subjects on here. But to look for favour due to colour turned me off. There should be no colour in our Society . Only Humanity and Humatrian situations

Yeah, I was thinking bout that later. I realise that can be taken the wrong way. My point was there were no obvious reasons based upon her place of origin and its prevailing attitude to the UK and all its doings. I used 'white' as lazy shorthand. Apologies.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
So if your mates son married a non-white American it would have been a decision supported by you?

It's the racists we should be kicking out if this country. That would get my full support.

Glad to have provided material for comedy for people who mean the opposite of what they are saying ???

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent

Meanwhile, in the real world :)

D

Deleted member 22389

Yeah, I was thinking bout that later. I realise that can be taken the wrong way. My point was there were no obvious reasons based upon her place of origin and its prevailing attitude to the UK and all its doings. I used 'white' as lazy shorthand. Apologies.

There must be some extra information they need to help tick all the boxes. I can't see why someone would be rejected from the US.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It's pretty easy to get a Visa in the UK as a spouse, as long as you can prove cohabitation for 2 or more years.
I can only assume they cannot provide this?

Are you sure? If it’s from a “third” country (outside of EU) there’s the earnings requirement box you need to tick. I recall reading an article wear folk serving in the forces abroad had met partners abroad and who subsequently could not move to the U.K. as their profession did not earn over 30k a year or something similar. I’m pretty certain marriage and cohabitation alone is not enough.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
There must be some extra information they need to help tick all the boxes. I can't see why someone would be rejected from the US.

See above.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
I have posted several time on various threads commenting on the hundreds of characters (Albanian?) doing ball under cup scams on Westminster Bridge under the watchless eye of uninterested plod.

Meanwhile I just heard that my mate's son, who met, fell in love with, and married an American women, has been told she will not be allowed to move to the UK. He has a good job. There are no criminal convictions. They are white and literate.

Elsewhere, tens of thousands of mainly Chinese students have had their visas revoked owing to language proficiency fraud. Good. And yet, at a Russel Group uni, where I work, I listened to a talk the other week by a Chinese student who, in her project on neuropharmacology, did not know how to pronounce synapse or explain what one was. This is like a painter not knowing what a paintbrush is or what to do with it.

Not wishing to morph into an ersatz Alfredmizen, what the actual ****? Our immigration 'police' are just picking off easy targets so they can provide this shitshow of a government with stats to show how tough they are, isn't it.

This country is in a sad and pathetic pickle.

Correct me if I'm wrong (but not using bogus statistics, please - 99% of bogus statistics are initially uplifting but ultimately unsatisfying).

Argument not improved by the racism there.

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
When I was last in London over New Year, I couldn't believe the number of cup under ball games going on on Westminster Bridge. It was almost impossible to walk on a very wide pavement and caused a lot of unnecessary congestion. The amount some people were gambling with was quite extraordinary - almost exclusively tourists from the middle east.

Does seem rather weird that the police were nowhere to be seen.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
When I was last in London over New Year, I couldn't believe the number of cup under ball games going on on Westminster Bridge. It was almost impossible to walk on a very wide pavement and caused a lot of unnecessary congestion. The amount some people were gambling with was quite extraordinary - almost exclusively tourists from the middle east.

Does seem rather weird that the police were nowhere to be seen.

Most of the people gambling will be plants. This practice goes on in most capital cities I’ve been to in Europe. Once I sat and watched a group as I was having a coffee. When a police officer was spotted nearby it was obvious who the gang was. There were two spotters up and down the road, one shouted the police were spotted, and then the guy doing the trick plus 3 or so of the “gamblers” ran off with him. These same people were previously gambling 50 euros a piece and winning and it looked easy. As soon as a real tourist had a go the tricksters tricks started to appear.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
you're not wrong, but those chaps on Westminster Bridge are easy pickings too arent they? the fault is probably about procedure and bureacracy, you go through process and jump the correct hoops in the right way, stay, wrong and no entry/kicked out. bonus points for ticking self funded and short term (as a student), even when they know there are thousands of sham courses. when they're off the radar, well its easier to not count isnt it? all that paperwork, processing, etc.

Yes. It was the juxtaposition that struck me (undoubtably illegal immigrant criminal gangs operating openly in full view of the Houses of Parliament, week after week, month after month, but someone who will eventually be allowed to settle in the UK with her husband - and quickly if they spent lots of money on legal advice, like Alex Ferguson and his speeding issues - is mucked about for no earthly reason).

Another piece of utter cockwomblry is this buisiness of checking whether a person is legally entitled to work in the UK. I have several odd jobs as external examiner in different UK universities. Each time I am invited by an institution to do a job, I am then required to show my new employer that I am entitled to work in the UK. The fact that they asked me to do the job because I have been a visible and conspicuous UK-based academic, visibly and longstandingly in full time employment at a recognised institute for the last 30 years doesn't come into it. And - this is the thing - each institution does this differently. One just asked me to email my NI number. Another just took my word for it. Another, more recently, asked me to log on to a website (I had to register first) then upload scanned copies of my passport, plus supply other details. Why does every employer have to do this? Why does this have to be done every time you get a job? If you get a Saturday job at Morrisons these days do you have to bring in your birth certificate, or log on to a website? Aside from the pointlessness of this, the web site I recently had to use doesn't work. So I had 15 or so emails with three different administrators about this. I am still not registered, or checked, or officially employed, or paid. Meanwhile I have actually been doing the job for six months (checking exam papers etc). This isn't about having to do things, comply with requirements, etc. It is about the fact the requirements don't make sense, are not checked properly, and are just a massive tick box exercise. Meanwhile actual crime committed by people unentitled to be in the UK goes unmolested. I find it flabberghasting, frankly. Would Daily Mail readers get a tummy tickle, safe in the knowledge that I have had my right to work checked more that ten times in the last ten years, in a different way each time, thereby reducing crime? Or would they smell govermental bullshit? I have never been particularly interested in immigration, illegal or otherwise, but surely once a person's right to work here has been validated, this can be recognised with a certificate, or an entry on a record somewhere? I am looking forward to the day when I have to show my passport at Faversham station when I buy a ticket to work, every morning. While I am doing it, I can watch various chavs jumping over the barrier in order to travel without a ticket. And what about driving? Surely I ought to have to nip round Faversham nick and show them my clean driving licence every time I want to nip round the shops or drive down to the Amex? Why not? It would make the country safer.

Apologies for this grumpy old man thread. Is this what happens when people start thinking that maybe retirement might not be such a bad plan after all? :lolol:

D

Deleted member 22389

See above.

I see. HWT does have a point, it must be bloody annoying when you have paid your taxes, you followed the rules, you where born in this country, but can't bring your partner over here, then on the other side you have people with no connections to this country at all, have screwed our system and got away with it. Let's hope HWT friend gets something sorted.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here