Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Humour] Crushes on Facebook

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
It seems Facebook is gradually introducing a feature in which you select up to nine of your friends and mark them as people you have a crush on. Nothing happens unless they also declare they have a crush on you, in which case both parties are told of their mutual feelings.

Two questions

1) Is anyone in our global mob already using this?

2) Could Bozza do something similar for NSC? I'm looking for a way to declare my feelings for Enrest and Biggums.

https://www.vox.com/the-goods/2019/5/1/18525448/facebook-dating-app-secret-crush-feature

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Tinder for the middle-aged?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
They started rolling out Facebook Dating around this time last year, although not to many countries yet (although you should have it in Canada, Juan).

This "Secret Crushes" thing is a new element of that they've just announced.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Surely WhatsApp is the only logical way people keep in touch these days.
Video messaging, photo sharing, and all completely free across the globe.
If you don’t have someone’s phone number there’s a very good chance they don’t actually like you.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
I'm always looking for new friends, all of my mates on Facebook seem to be tackle shops and tide chart distributors and they rarely wish me happy birthday either, and most irritating of all they all seem to be away at Christmas when I need them the most

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Facebook is purely for people who never dreamed they’d even get laid, let alone married, to show nauseating pictures of their cabbage children being fawned over by their gormless parents.
And for birds to tell their fat mate that they look “absolutely stunning babes” even when she looks like 10lb of shit in a 5lb bag.

Last edited:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Surely WhatsApp is the only logical way people keep in touch these days.
Video messaging, photo sharing, and all completely free across the globe.
If you don’t have someone’s phone number there’s a very good chance they don’t actually like you.

FB is ever-shifting in focus, and the latest changes were announced at F8 this week, with Events and Groups being made considerably more prominent as, by all accounts, these are the two areas that FB's analytics show are the most sticky for most people, which I completely get.

I have to use FB for work, but rarely look at it from a personal perspective, however when I do, I often discover events going on that I may be interested, generally through a notification which. is something like "XXXXX is interested in an event that is happening."

Groups is an interesting one - as they generally don't involve communicating with people you already know, but communicating those with a common interest, be that a football club or local restaurants etc.

So, in a way you're right - Facebook themselves seem to be shifting away from communicating with those you already know and being a platform for communicating around things and interests.

They own WhatsApp of course, so retain control of that more intimate communication.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
FB is ever-shifting in focus, and the latest changes were announced at F8 this week, with Events and Groups being made considerably more prominent as, by all accounts, these are the two areas that FB's analytics show are the most sticky for most people, which I completely get.

I have to use FB for work, but rarely look at it from a personal perspective, however when I do, I often discover events going on that I may be interested, generally through a notification which. is something like "XXXXX is interested in an event that is happening."

Groups is an interesting one - as they generally don't involve communicating with people you already know, but communicating those with a common interest, be that a football club or local restaurants etc.

So, in a way you're right - Facebook themselves seem to be shifting away from communicating with those you already know and being a platform for communicating around things and interests.

They own WhatsApp of course, so retain control of that more intimate communication.

Facebook are fingering a lot of pies.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Facebook is purely for people who never dreamed they’d even get laid, let alone married, to show nauseating pictures of their cabbage children being fawned over by their gormless parents.
And for birds to tell their fat mate that they look “absolutely stunning babes” even when she looks like 10lb of shit in a 5lb bag.

Nonsense.

It's great for organising get togethers whether it be church, ex Navy, old friends in different parts of the country. Like any tool, it is how you use it. If you have dodgy friends, then you'll see dodgy posts.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009

Harsh, but quite amusing!:lolol:

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
The old idea of Facebook idea is dying. People no longer want to permanently share things. Kids are only snapping and sharing stories or using group chats.

In 5 years I think Messenger and Whatsapp will merge and Instagram will consume Snapchat.

Your Facebook will be about as relevant as a listing in an old phone book.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here