Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Salah v Messi

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
Bit harsh but there was a moment in the first half where he actually dived in his own box to win a free-kick.

OK, it was actually a foul but the head went back and the arms went out as per usual. Properly milked it.

He’s mastered that art of throwing himself back as if he’s been pulled backwards. Somehow a lot of his cheating goes under the radar - he did it to win the penalty against us and again at Cardiff.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Ah, more like Maradona?

More like Cristiano Ronaldo.

(Messi is arguably slightly better than Ronaldo, but I believe Ronaldo has to widest set of skills of any player ever, and the physique to match that.)

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
TalkSport after the game was amazing. You had Scousers trying to say they played really well, were 'unlucky', this could be one of the greatest Liverpool teams EVER.

The game I saw, Barcelona let them have possession all they wanted in their own half / on the half way line and nice and compact at the back giving Salah no space. As soon as Liverpool got a bit over confident Barca hit them. Given how weak this Barcelona defense apparently is they seemed to do OK to me!

Another trophy-less season for Liverpool by the look of it, but at least they gave it a good go eh

This. After all the media love ins with Liverpool and how great they are, they will end the season winning the same amount of trophies as us, none.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Messi got the rebound off the bar, and then scored that magnificent free kick, apart from that he did nothing, but sometimes you don't have to.
Liverpool more than matched Barcelona but lost 3-0, they lacked in the final 3rd Salah and Mane were lacking.

apart from scoring 2 goals he did nothing....

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Messi is the best player since Maradona.

Ronaldo's not bad either. It's crazy they've both played their entire careers in parallel. Has their ever been another time when two all time greats played at exactly the same time?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Messi is the best player since Maradona.

Ronaldo's not bad either. It's crazy they've both played their entire careers in parallel. Has their ever been another time when two all time greats played at exactly the same time?

Maybe Puskas and Di Stefano.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
To be fair to Salah who is a fantastic palyer and has had another excellent season, it’s not fair to compare Messi to anyone, he is the greatest ever.

Barring a massive surprise, I can’t wait for the final. A match between a massively talented Ajax side and Barcelona is a dream for football anorak’s like me.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Salah shouldn’t even be mentioned in the same breath as Messi. Salah is a cheat, constantly diving to win penalties - you rarely see or hear of Messi doing the same - can’t stand the bloke.

So you didn't see Messi roll over about 10 times after Milner shoulder charged him off the pitch?

Came up feigning a card and then smiled.
All footballers are cheats.
He even cheats on taxes!

Brilliant and talented footballer but don't like him.

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
So you didn't see Messi roll over about 10 times after Milner shoulder charged him off the pitch?

Yes I saw that, but you can’t deny there was clear contact that bowled him over and would have bowled anyone over - whereas my point is that Salah goes down without being touched or with the merest of bodily contact !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here