Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Gavin Williams Sacked

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
And yet he has tweeted to proclaim his innocence. He may be a twunt (OK, is a twunt) but May could possibly have shot one of her own side, wrongly, in a fit of collateral pique here.

In any case, I feel this 'government' has now surpassed Cameron's shitfest as the worst ever UK government ever. Callaghan looks statesmanlike by comparison. Chaimberlain looks like a top notch negotiator by comparison.

The Chinese would be laughing at us, if they could be bothered.

Look at all the benefits we have accrued by having Brexit take everyone's eye off the ball. Marvellous. Worth it. Brexit means Brexit. :facepalm:

Brexit will mean more austerity as we " Tighten our belts " and make our personal sacrifices in order for the country to" Compete on The World Stage " for business to succeed.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Williamson is strenuously maintaining his innocence and opposition parties are now calling for the police to open a thorough investigation. That's going to be interesting: if Williamson is not arrested, it means that the PM is not pursuing matters further, which suggests that she doesn't want a more thorough investigation.

We shall see, but at first sight, it looks like he's been done up like a kipper. If he's not prosecuted, we'll know for sure.

Oh look, a conspiracy theory! This should be entertaining.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Any of us can ask the police to investigate any crime that we believe has been committed.

If Williamson wasn't responsible for the leak I'm sure he will be asking the police to carry out a criminal investigation into who was responsible for the leak.

Not going to happen though is it?

Either the OSA is important in safeguarding the security of our country or it isn't. If May sacked him because he was the one that leaked then it is incumbent upon our weak and feeble PM to pass the information on to Scotland Yard so they can arrest him for breaking the OSA.

That's not going to happen either is it?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Oh look, a conspiracy theory! This should be entertaining.

Not sure why this is a conspiracy theory. It seems like a perfectly reasonable reading of the situation to me: I see that, this morning, the foreign secretary, the Tory head of the parliamentary security committee and the former attorney general have all called for the police to investigate. Are they all conspiracy theorists too?

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Any of us can ask the police to investigate any crime that we believe has been committed.

If Williamson wasn't responsible for the leak I'm sure he will be asking the police to carry out a criminal investigation into who was responsible for the leak.

Either the OSA is important in safeguarding the security of our country or it isn't. If May sacked him because he was the one that leaked then it is incumbent upon our weak and feeble PM to pass the information on to Scotland Yard so they can arrest him for breaking the OSA.

Nope. They’ve carefully manoeuvred themselves into a position where this will get brushed under the carpet. Nice distraction from Grayling’s total **** up which is arguably more important.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I think our political class have forgotten how serious the business of state is, so this is a timely reminder. Sick to death of hearing matters of national security being found on trains, readable by long lenses of press, deliberately leaked here there and everywhere because of political disagreement etc. I’d like to see things go further and charges of treason prosecuted if so. We’ve got so soft and in bed with Russians, Chinese, Saudis etc because of money that I have little faith in our ability to maintain confidentiality in areas of huge strategic importance. The penalties must be far tougher. You go without bleating if accountable. You go to prison if responsible.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

interesting question is, did he breach the OSA? did he leak unofficial/undecided information from a meeting, that was not itself a "secret" under the terms of the act? just because lots of politicans with axes/agendds say so, may not be so. also, if he is, they'll have to go after the journalist and editor of Telegraph that first published the leak (no public interest defense for OSA)

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Ock noo! Jimmy Perez will be on the case.

"Comrade Perez, my name is Vladimir Vladimirovich Putin. Please hold my ushanka while I tickle Tosh's tits"

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
I do so hope that Gav becomes Brutus to May's Caesar,and he stabs her in the forum,duodenum and gut,metaphorically speaking.I bet he knows where all the dirt lies.Perhaps he will get offered a juicy job in Brussels to shut him up?

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
Was He sacked for leaking details about China running our 5G network, or was He sacked for refusing to sign the UK into the EU defence union?
Hmmmm...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Was He sacked for leaking details about China running our 5G network, or was He sacked for refusing to sign the UK into the EU defence union?
Hmmmm...

The last I heard you were still on your way, so does this mean that you've arrived and they have wifi in this wonderful new land :lolol:

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
The last I heard you were still on your way, so does this mean that you've arrived and they have wifi ?

Where is this wonderful new land :lolol:

Are you stalking Me?
According to UK law I am no longer a citizen of the European Union if that is what you’re getting at. Do you always laugh at your own comments?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Are you stalking Me?
According to UK law I am no longer a citizen of the European Union if that is what you’re getting at. Do you always laugh at your own comments?

Before my kids started school they had flounces that lasted longer than yours has :flounce:

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
No flounces here. Your interpretation of a flounce is somewhat odd.
Get over Me.

Just ask him a question about tarriffs.You will never hear from him again.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Just ask him a question about tarriffs.You will never hear from him again.

Oh dear,another idiot who doesn't realise that Great Britain will have a free trade deal with Japan long before the EU finish arguing about the terms of their so-called deal.Do wake up and smell the Red Leicester :wave:

If we are not in the Single Market,we can make deals with anybody.How do you think France and Germany do deals with other countries?Do they ask the rest of the EU before they sell anything?

My internet security tells me not to,and the ITK people on here are always telling us to trust experts.Some sites will only give you very basic access to their sites from a non-HTTPS site.They might as well be talking in Pushtu as far as I'm concerned,but then I didn't go to university.

:lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol:

:wave:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here