Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Gavin Williams Sacked

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Nucking Futter, well deserved, we are much safer without him as Defence Minister

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Disgraceful for a defence minister to leak to the press, because he had a personal distrust of the Chinese and did not agree with the carefully worked through plan by intelligence experts in giving limited access to Huawei.

The snide should’ve resigned instead and made a statement. Instead he carried on, receiving a ministers level of pay.

Good riddance.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Surely prison beckons if true and proven? Anyone else breaks the Official Secrets Act and that is what happens to them.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
What a shit appointment by a shit PM heading up a shit government.

So exposed are we post-Brexit Referendum and the Skripal affair that the Russians could park up a nuclear sub near the beaches of the Shetlands and there's f*ck all we'd be able to do about it.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Private Eye has him down as fiercely ambitious, with his eyes on the PM's job. He'll doubtless spin this as being a matter of conscience over national security but, as has already been said on this thread, he could have resigned in the conventional way on a matter of principal. That's probably his chances scuppered this time round.

Can't say I'm bothered at all. No great loss. Telling the Russians to "shut up and go away" (or something close to that) is hardly Churchillian oratory.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
First thing I thought was 'Who does he manage?'

Even the OP is unsure of his surname!

Exactly quite what the player manager of Merthyr Town has done to upset May, is beyond me.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
And to think, all this could have been avoided had somebody asked his wife how trustworthy he is, before he was appointed to the Cabinet.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here