Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Offers] Average Speed Camera - Ticket

Smirko

Aug 19, 2011
Brighton
Ok hands up, I've been dicked by an average speed camera, 50mph in a 40mph zone limit.

Can i contest this as it is an 'Average' speed limit? or am i done for??

Thanks

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
You are fecked. I got one of these about 10 years ago for doing 60 in a 50 on a deserted motorway at about 7am in the morning, when there was hardly a soul on the road. There was not a single person to be seen working on the stretch either.

I contested it and got absolutely nowhere.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Ok hands up, I've been dicked by an average speed camera, 50mph in a 40mph zone limit.

Can i contest this as it is an 'Average' speed limit? or am i done for??

Thanks

Of course you can, so long as you have a very good reason as to why you did this. :thumbsup: My thoughts are with the other poster, you're screwed!

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Where was that, as it's unusual to have average speed cameras in 40mph zones, as they tend to only be where there are longish stretches of road without turnings to join and leave the road. Whereas 40mph tends to be through towns where it is anything but that.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
You could invent then build a time machine, go back to that moment, rewrite history and tell yourself to slow down.

Or

Admit to your mistake and accept the punishment.

Whichever choice is easiest for you.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
50 in a 40 is the same percentage over the limit as 88 in a 70. You’re done for.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Me too. I got a letter from the fantastically efficient Sussex Police this morning regarding 39 in a 30 in Worthing on Sunday. Does anyone have any idea what it will cost me?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Have you done a speed awareness course before? they might give you that option that would avoid the penalty points.

(rarely more like!)
I thought that was only available to drivers straying over the limit by a couple of mph.
Not for young tearaways like LI who was seemingly thrashing around Worthing like he's the star of the next Fast & Furious movie.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Where was that, as it's unusual to have average speed cameras in 40mph zones, as they tend to only be where there are longish stretches of road without turnings to join and leave the road. Whereas 40mph tends to be through towns where it is anything but that.

There’s a 40mph average speed check on the A14, catches me out every time as it drops from 50 for seemingly no good reason.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
There’s a 40mph average speed set up on the A217 from Banstead to the M25.
Many have been caught out in the year or so it’s been in operation.
To have this limit on this Road is a bit daft if you ask me.

I reckon you’ll have to accept your punishment on this one fella.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
I thought that was only available to drivers straying over the limit by a couple of mph.
Not for young tearaways like LI who was seemingly thrashing around Worthing like he's the star of the next Fast & Furious movie.

In a Skoda Fabia?

We were on our way to the Sea Lane. Living' on the edge, that's us.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
In a Skoda Fabia?

We were on our way to the Sea Lane. Living' on the edge, that's us.
Driving a hot hatch in WORTHING, at 39mph.

Your carefree reckless sort make me sick, string'um up I say, what you need is National Service. :lolol: :kiss:

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Average speed check cameras are the future.

It's impossible to deny your speed, when you have been photographed in two places, meaning it was impossible for you to have been going slower than what is calculated from the times of the photos.

The only argument you could have is that the speed limit wasn't clear... but unfortunately, it will have been.

I was in an interesting average speed situation a few years ago when the A23 was being improved between Pease Pottage and Bolney. An 'exceptional load' was keeping northbound traffic down to about 10mph. When it finally turned off half the drivers absolutely floored it. Cars were coming past me at 100. I doubt if their average speed got much beyond 35mph though.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Isn't NSC usually absolutely full of *saints of the road* ?

Perhaps they have been held up in traffic ? :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here