[Misc] When is next Sunday?

When is next Sunday?

• Sunday 5th May

Votes: 86 45.5%
  • Sunday 12th May

Votes: 103 54.5%

• Total voters

el punal

Next Sunday is the 5th of May, the FOLLOWING Sunday is the 12th of May. Obvious innit?

You can’t have the 12th of May as NEXT Sunday ‘cos it isn’t. The 5th of May is the Sunday coming up, the Sunday just gone was the 28th of April. The Sunday of the 12th of May is the next Sunday after this Sunday of the 5th May.

Now if the Premier League had decided that these next fixtures were to be played on Saturday then we wouldn’t have this f***ing mess.

Sunday Bloody Sunday!!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
My birthday is the 12th.

I’m totally confused now. According to this thread it is next Sunday but I thought it was on Sunday week!

Yeah, next Sunday is the 5th, the 12th is Sunday week

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
I'd say the 5th if the term is used up until Wednesday, then debateable Thursday and Friday and the 12th from Saturday onwards.

I can't see that option on the poll :shrug:

This, with bells on :thumbsup:

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Yeah, next Sunday is the 5th, the 12th is Sunday week
To chuck another spanner in (no not you Two Profs), lots of people on this thread are saying "Sunday week" but everyone I know says "a week on Sunday". Not sure I've ever heard the former before.

Is this another North/South thing and I've spent too much time up here? I don't think so as I don't recall my mum/dad/grandparents etc saying that as a kid.....

Great thread btw. The nuances of English are fascinating.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
To chuck another spanner in (no not you Two Profs), lots of people on this thread are saying "Sunday week" but everyone I know says "a week on Sunday". Not sure I've ever heard the former before.

Is this another North/South thing and I've spent too much time up here? I don't think so as I don't recall my mum/dad/grandparents etc saying that as a kid.....

You can thank me for this wonderful thread..although i’d Be classified as a nuisance rather than nuance :whistle:

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
They are both 'the other Sunday' just wait and see.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern

Sunday week has always been Sunday week to me. However, I did have a Welsh girlfriend who referred to it "as something the English say". so, maybe it's not that common

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
I'm laughing here as my wife and I never really disagree on much - but in our 25 years together we will always argue this one out until we both give up...

Me : Today is Wednesday. The Sunday coming up is "This Sunday" because it is Sunday this week. Next Sunday is the Sunday after - next week, so is therefore next Sunday.

Her : No, the next Sunday coming is this Sunday. So Sunday is technically 'next Sunday'

We go round and round in circles until one of us says "ahhh bollocks" and walks off. :lolol:

Obviously I'm right, and she thinks she's right.

Well, there is an argument that the week starts on a Sunday and not a Monday..............just saying..................

In North America and somewhere else that escapes me, Sunday is the first day of the week......

But under some kind of international standard thingy, Monday is the first day of the week so the approaching Sunday is THIS Sunday (as you say because it is the Sunday of THIS WEEK). Therefore 12 May would be NEXT Sunday (unless you live in US or Canada when May 5th would be NEXT Sunday because their Sunday belongs to a different week).

Has anybody won yet? What is the prize?

D

Deleted member 2719

This vote isn't going the way I would have liked, may ask for a second vote after a couple of years as this has split Nsc and it isn't fair. :cry:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here