The Fatherland
Clearly it’s the 5th. :shrug:

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
"Last Sunday" is the one just gone
"This Sunday" is the first one after today
"Next Sunday" is the one following This Sunday.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I'd say the 5th if the term is used up until Wednesday, then debateable Thursday and Friday and the 12th from Saturday onwards.

I can't see that option on the poll :shrug:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
This Sunday this the 5th. Next Sunday is the 12th but THE next Sunday is the 5th. Really not sure why it isn't clear !

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I would have naturally said 5 May without thinking about it. However, there’s clearly a point to the question so I gave it some thought. I suppose one could argue that 5 May is simply “Sunday” - I’m going to the game on Sunday makes sense. Thus “next Sunday” could logically be “the Sunday after ‘Sunday’”, which is 12 May.

:dunce:

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Correct. Yet some utter divs think differently.

My wife is one of them. Our biggest row started with a discussion of that and ended with me being called an uncaring b4stard who'd always hated her family and her storming off to bed, slamming more doors than I even knew we had. There might have been drink involved.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
My wife is one of them. Our biggest row started with a discussion of that and ended with me being called an uncaring b4stard who'd always hated her family and her storming off to bed, slamming more doors than I even knew we had. There might have been drink involved.

Did you resolve your issues the next day?

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
I'm laughing here as my wife and I never really disagree on much - but in our 25 years together we will always argue this one out until we both give up...

Me : Today is Wednesday. The Sunday coming up is "This Sunday" because it is Sunday this week. Next Sunday is the Sunday after - next week, so is therefore next Sunday.

Her : No, the next Sunday coming is this Sunday. So Sunday is technically 'next Sunday'

We go round and round in circles until one of us says "ahhh bollocks" and walks off. :lolol:

Obviously I'm right, and she thinks she's right.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Given the confusion (for some) has anyone turned up a week early for an event when told its next Sunday

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here