Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] PLEASE help our biggest fan

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Maybe.

But it's the way of the modern world, isn't it? Making micro-payments to creators who put something out there that you appreciate - it's been the done thing on platforms such as YouTube and Twitch, and Patreon is quite prevalent in many spheres now.

If it's not for you, move on - nothing to see here. I'm not sure there's a need to jump on a high horse about it.

(It's been suggested that I should put a "Buy Bozza a pint" type donation button on NSC before, but I haven't because I know the shit I'd get from certain quarters.)

I agree. I have had a look at some of the product 'created' and I would like to start my own crowdfunding scheme. Although I am in Australia and it will cost more to get me to the City game I am willing to offer:

- Not making up and singing any songs about the Albion on any platform.

The best part of this is that I don't even require you to pledge money, I just won't do it. I will also not crack the shits and go off and support another team should you tell me to stick my offer up my arse. Oh and sometime in the next couple of seasons I will get my own sorry bottom over to the Amex to enjoy another game........ regardless of what division we are in or how we are playing.

FWIW I think the "Buy Bozza a Beer Button" is a brilliant idea.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
I've gone from thinking he was a tit to finding him very funny. Characters like him make life more enjoyable and these happy game-for-a-laugh people will always be condemned by many as egotistical idiots. So yes, I really like the guy, but help pay for his visit? He can f*** right off. :unclesam: :thumbsup:

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
I've gone from thinking he was a tit to finding him very funny. Characters like him make life more enjoyable and these happy game-for-a-laugh people will always be condemned by many as egotistical idiots. So yes, I really like the guy, but help pay for his visit? He can f*** right off. :unclesam: :thumbsup:

Yeah I'm kind the same but opposite if that's possible. Harmless and entertaining. But a tit

I've gone from finding him very funny to thinking he was a tit . Characters like him make life more enjoyable and these happy game-for-a-laugh people will always be condemned by many as egotistical idiots. So yes, I kinda like the guy, but help pay for his visit? He can f*** right off. :unclesam:

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
I thought he'd have rocked up on here by now...

Anyway, 'I want' doesn't get. If he wants to come over, get a loan out and fund it himself. That's what the administration said to do for people who had no money during the government shutdown, wasn't it?

I've not heard his songs – I've no real desire to – but I would think there would be many more suitable and deserving candidates to support getting to the game...

I assume you mean rock up on NSC? His Twitter output is the epitome of harmless silliness that many people enjoy (including me). NSC seems to be bulging with sniffy, censorious, sometimes hostile old grumps. If I was him, i wouldn't come anywhere near it if I wanted to keep my self esteem even slightly intact. If people choose to spend a bit of their money to help him get over here for a game, i dont see the problem.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
Not sure about those crying out about the bong thing, is it not legal where he is?

I don't think anyone's crying about it - we were just pointing out that it's not really the actions of someone being a 'great ambassador for the club'.

In fairness, if the press had a slow news day and fancied a stab at BHAFC they could rattle up a great story about "Paul Barber embracing an open drug user as a super-fan" and personally welcoming him onto the pitch, etc...

Yes, it'd be bollocks - but when did the facts get in the way of a good story.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Latest song from AB: [tweet]1126004122241597441[/tweet]

So bad it's hilarious and already winding up the Nigel Massive.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Maybe.

But it's the way of the modern world, isn't it? Making micro-payments to creators who put something out there that you appreciate - it's been the done thing on platforms such as YouTube and Twitch, and Patreon is quite prevalent in many spheres now.

If it's not for you, move on - nothing to see here. I'm not sure there's a need to jump on a high horse about it.
It was ok to get on our high horses about those unclean spongers who wanted a few hundred grand to live off the land though, right?

(It's been suggested that I should put a "Buy Bozza a pint" type donation button on NSC before, but I haven't because I know the shit I'd get from certain quarters.)
Have you got a link to this stuff you've been creating?

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Salaries in the USA are higher than in the UK, right? So why does he expect us to subsidise his holiday?
Not that I'm condoning his sponging attempt but that's a rather massive generalisation. A bit like the lie that Americans pay much lower taxes because we have the NHS (I did some research a few years ago and they don't).

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
He's just another self-promoter and sadly this thread has another 90+ people, including me, talking about him. He's not our biggest fan and it's a shame he gets the publicity that gives his campaign oxygen. Next thing Ritchie Reynolds will be talking to him pre-match on Sunday:facepalm:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
He's just another self-promoter and sadly this thread has another 90+ people, including me, talking about him. He's not our biggest fan and it's a shame he gets the publicity that gives his campaign oxygen. Next thing Ritchie Reynolds will be talking to him pre-match on Sunday:facepalm:

You speak truth. As much as I think he’s a weapons grade twerp, I’m intrigued to see where this all goes.

As an aside, he’s got a depressingly hideous ceiling.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
It was ok to get on our high horses about those unclean spongers who wanted a few hundred grand to live off the land though, right?

Have you got a link to this stuff you've been creating?
Meta dude.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I see both sides of the argument on this one. But when someone annoys you there is no need for justification, they just annoy you.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Have to say, not impressed with Bajana moaning that he didn't win fan of the year - even if it was in jest.

Anyway, he was over for the FA Cup semi right? Pfffft.

Yep, saw him in the pub, people falling over themselves to get photos taken with him. One fella was even proud his 7 year old son knows ALL the words and got his son to sing song in the car park, swear words and all - embarrassing!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here