Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] SKY TV system v BT

Withdean and I

Aug 6, 2003
Just after some advice please. Been with Sky tv a few years on basic package but thinking of switching to BT.

What are people’s views on BT’s system which I understand comes through your normal tv ariel v sky’s satellite system?

Thanks,

Withdean and I

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
Got BT broadband and tv plus BT Sport - far prefer BT soccer ball coverage to Sky

Just get Now tv whenever we are on Sky and I'm not going to game

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Now TV is all very well, but on a large TV doesn't look so great as it tends to be juddery. It broadcasts at only 25fps and 720p definition. That is simply rubbish these days, BT streaming is much better generally. Now TV promised HD coverage by the end of 2018, needless to say, that has not happened.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Just after some advice please. Been with Sky tv a few years on basic package but thinking of switching to BT.

What are people’s views on BT’s system which I understand comes through your normal tv ariel v sky’s satellite system?

Thanks,

Withdean and I

Can't comment on BT system as never had it (Sky Q is great though) however I work on the same campus as BT Sport, they have their channels playing all over the place.....through sky boxes.

D

Deleted member 2719

My parents have just got Bt broadband, evening and weekend calls, btsport and Sky main event all through their broadband.
This comes with a recorder box.
So they have most sporting events.
Hope that helps.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I've got SKY tv including sports and telephone/broadband. £53 monthly. I added BT Sport directly from BT (can't order through Sky) at £25 monthly. So £78 all in. Not bad. Although I guess some have got it cheaper.

The other way round via BT and I think it can be done for £63 monthly although you don't get the bespoke sports channels. Essential for a cricket and rugby fan like me.

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005
Once you've completed the contract, with bt you keep the YouView box which is nice to have as works with all suppliers, forever. It's all I need.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Used to pay out a lot for sky and sky sports etc. Ended up spending all my time watching something sport-related,p. This wasn’t appreciated at home.
Switched to bt which is cheaper and good service. The prem games feel like a great as there aren’t so many.
I got £120 back by ordering through topcashback

kjgood

Until the beginning of the year I had a full sky TV and sport package, landline and Sky fibre unlimited at approx £127 per month ish. Scrapped Sky TV and purchased a Humax Freesat box, can record, pause live TV etc. moved broadband to Vodaphone unlimited fibre, no need for the landline charges, more stable service and consistently faster speeds.

Yes the Humax Freesat box using the twin feeds from the redundant sky dish cost me a one off £179, but i'm saving £100 per month and can still record and pause programmes, schedule recordings from my iphone, i'm not missing Sky at all. Sky have become too greedy and have priced themselves out of the market. There is better out there and cheaper.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I never subscribed to any of these, though I do miss watching cricket, f1 and a bit of Sunday football. I always think, just how much sport would you have to watch to make it worth the money? £78 p/m to watch sport is bit out of my league!

I've got SKY tv including sports and telephone/broadband. £53 monthly. I added BT Sport directly from BT (can't order through Sky) at £25 monthly. So £78 all in. Not bad. Although I guess some have got it cheaper.

The other way round via BT and I think it can be done for £63 monthly although you don't get the bespoke sports channels. Essential for a cricket and rugby fan like me.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Whatever you do, do try to haggle. I only have Sky - the full package, but haggled down to £31 per month for everthing. The basic package is about £32, so to have Sports and Movies too for £31 was pretty good to me although I did have to agree to an 18 month contract. I don't have BT as they have so little on and on big Champions League nights I tend to end up in the pub for a social anyway.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
I have a IPTV subscription thats cost me £10 p/m for all the Sky Channels including all sky sports and BT spots, PPV, Hundreds of VOD Movies, all the Blue Channels and loads of foreign channel's that I can't understand. I thinks it's around 8000 channels all in all.

F8ck Sky and the rest of the greedy companies over charging for subscriptions.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here