Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] We are BACK

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
I seem to remember Orient being our bogey team for a while. Always seemed to lose against them.

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
Think Leyton is my most visited Stadium (use the term loosely - Matchroom/Brisbane). Also had one of my most horrific moments at Brisy Rd. Half time, had to go for a piss, as did the rest of the Albion hordes. Drove there, car keys in my pocket. The piss trough up against the wall at feet level. Cold day. Hands in pockets until needed to release the beast. You know whats coming. My turn, took hands out of pockets and dragged my keys out, and into the trough they went. Being a long trough, and at the wrong end, must have been a couple of inches of piss between me and my keys. No other options.........
Ditched the motor ?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

bobby baxter

Jan 31, 2014
Don`t forget, we owe them, their defeat of Hereford one week before our visit gave us our opportunity to remain in the Football League. Pleased to see them back.

Dolph Ins

May 26, 2014
Mid Sussex
Used to love the away days particularly spending an hour and a half speculating on how Scott McGleish entertained himself.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Anyone remember Bonio or whatever he was called, the tannoy bloke at Brisbane Road? Seemed to have a real thing about us!

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
Quite agree.

Anyone who followed us through the mid to late 1990s will remember how Orient/McGleish/Hearn treated us.

Not forgetting their Arse of a manager Taylor who was a real pain at the Goldstone, what goes around etc. Welcome back.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Think Leyton is my most visited Stadium (use the term loosely - Matchroom/Brisbane). Also had one of my most horrific moments at Brisy Rd. Half time, had to go for a piss, as did the rest of the Albion hordes. Drove there, car keys in my pocket. The piss trough up against the wall at feet level. Cold day. Hands in pockets until needed to release the beast. You know whats coming. My turn, took hands out of pockets and dragged my keys out, and into the trough they went. Being a long trough, and at the wrong end, must have been a couple of inches of piss between me and my keys. No other options.........

Walk home?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Well I’m chuffed for you Twatty. I have a soft spot for Orient. When we were at the arse end of the football league the games against Orient were the games of the season for me. Really pleased you are back in the EFL :thumbsup:

This. I was delighted Orient got promoted. They may be a small club but they are also a proper club with proper supporters.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Very happy for Orient though in the Hearn years I developed a dislike for them that I've since overcome.

Nice ground in the middle of an area of London that I don't know well but seemed to have a nice vibe going on when I was there last summer. The gate was open at Brisbane Road so I walked in and took a look. Too good a stadium for non-league and their passionate fan base.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
So pleased for Leyton Orient.

The Dildo Bros operation at the Olympic Stadium gives them unwanted competition.

Football needs the Orient’s of this world to keep its soul.

Exactly, that move must have threatened their very existence and good to see their fans have stuck by them.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Pleased for Orient. Great away day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was it a great away day, though? I recall being shoved around by Hearn's Matchroom thugs and forced to sit in the seat with the number on the ticket (till they gave up). Big fat ex boxers in suits. Twats. And losing 2-4 there with their striker with dyed blond hair having it large. And Buono. The best thing about it was it was quicker and easier to drive up and park there for me than it was at Withdean. Hearn reminds me of Scally at Gillingham. No real interest in the club he owned other than as an opportunity for making money; were I a fan I'd have constantly been worrying I'd wake up to find the ground had been sold to build a massive Focus DIY......so to the Orient supporters, congratulations, and I hope you have you club back, but we were never rivals

that's why Mullers picked Martin Chivers instead of Wardy

he wouldn't have fitted in the dug out :lol:
That's Mike Yaxley on the right so is the other guy Ken Craggs?
Shirt nos. in that video were 2.Cattlin 3.Williams 4.Sayer 5.Rollings 6.Lawro 7.Ryan 8.Poskett 9.Chivers 10.Clark 11.Sully
Nobby missed 3 games that season, this one and those either side.
Screenshot_20190501-113202.png

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Was it a great away day, though? I recall being shoved around by Hearn's Matchroom thugs and forced to sit in the seat with the number on the ticket (till they gave up). Big fat ex boxers in suits. Twats. And losing 2-4 there with their striker with dyed blond hair having it large. And Buono. The best thing about it was it was quicker and easier to drive up and park there for me than it was at Withdean. Hearn reminds me of Scally at Gillingham. No real interest in the club he owned other than as an opportunity for making money; were I a fan I'd have constantly been worrying I'd wake up to find the ground had been sold to build a massive Focus DIY......so to the Orient supporters, congratulations, and I hope you have you club back, but we were never rivals

Through work, I used to regularly meet up with an Albion director, who unsurprisingly told me that Scally was a complete wnkr.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here