Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Uwe, Krul, Norwood

mccraque

Feb 24, 2009
Glancing through the Bundesliga 2 results and it seems that Uwe's Paderborn are now in pole position for the 2nd automatic promotion place for a return to the Bundesliga. And Krul went up with Norwich.

I would say in their respective position, they are better than the current like for like's that we have on the bench.

Well done to Norwood too. Hope he finally gets a crack in the top flight. Can't ask any more than 3 promotions in 3 years.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
All three are in the second division of their respective leagues. They were good for us in the Championship, so how do you figure they would be good enough for the Prem?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
only Krul is Premier League standard.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
All three are in the second division of their respective leagues. They were good for us in the Championship, so how do you figure they would be good enough for the Prem?

Are you suggesting they're not? (They're probably not, but I have no idea)

Norwood gave a fantastic interview on 5 Live yesterday evening, speaking in depth about the anguish of being discarded by two clubs after helping them to secure promotion to the Premier League. On the subject of whether he is good enough, he simply said something like "I don't know if I'm good enough - I've not had a chance yet".

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Is Norwood under contract? Or are we about to hand sheff united a £5m asset for nothing ?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I've always been a huge fan of Uwe's then again he's a centre back who's played for the Ablion so he must be Pooh hot.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003

Norwood gave a fantastic interview on 5 Live yesterday evening, speaking in depth about the anguish of being discarded by two clubs after helping them to secure promotion to the Premier League. On the subject of whether he is good enough, he simply said something like "I don't know if I'm good enough - I've not had a chance yet".

Yeah, Norwood came across very well in that interview. Hope he gets his chance (and ****s it up and United fill a relegation spot).

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Yeah, Norwood came across very well in that interview. Hope he gets his chance (and ****s it up and United fill a relegation spot).

He did, didn't he? Made me realise I really didn't know a great deal about him, which made me feel a tad guilty.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

Perfectly put, but you forgot to mention: can he also enable Sheffield United pick up points against two other relegation rivals

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
Uwe's Paderborn have come from nowhere and have knocked Hamburg down to 4th place.

He was skipper at the weekend - I really hope he takes them up. Still loves BHA judging by his Twitter.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I hope Norwood gets his chance in the PL - he's surely more than earned it!

If he doesn't, then I hope we've got a wapping great sell-on clause - with his record he must be worth £5M to £10M to a Championship club with realistic hopes of gaining promotion in 2020.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Uwe's Paderborn have come from nowhere and have knocked Hamburg down to 4th place.

He was skipper at the weekend - I really hope he takes them up. Still loves BHA judging by his Twitter.

He does. We had the pleasure of talking to him a couple of times after our games. He left his wife and family back in Germany because they keep horses, and only saw them when it was close season, or international breaks. He gave his all whilst he was with us, so I'm pleased he is doing so well with Paderborn again.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
He does. We had the pleasure of talking to him a couple of times after our games. He left his wife and family back in Germany because they keep horses, and only saw them when it was close season, or international breaks. He gave his all whilst he was with us, so I'm pleased he is doing so well with Paderborn again.

He always came / comes across as a really decent guy. So did most of that promotion squad tbf.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham

He has a fantastic passing range maybe a bit weaker defensively but is Propper any better? Thought it was a mistake letting him go.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
I understand Norwoods frustration, however I wouldn’t have said he was a key member of either of those promotions squads. However this year should be better for him, has been a key player for Utd all season and you’d think they’d keep him for next season rather than get rid back to the championship.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
I understand Norwoods frustration, however I wouldn’t have said he was a key member of either of those promotions squads. However this year should be better for him, has been a key player for Utd all season and you’d think they’d keep him for next season rather than get rid back to the championship.

I looked up his stats a few weeks ago and was surprised how much he'd played. 33 league appearances in our promotion season, 36 in Fulham's, plus all 3 play off games (and 5 goals).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here