Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Should away fans be allowed to sit where they like at The Amex?

Well?

• Yes

Votes: 29 12.9%
  • No

Votes: 195 87.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
If they act respectfully, it should be fine, whether in colours or not ... but they won't (and I include us at away games in that) ... so not yet. Give it another 20 years before we can act as grown up as that.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Neither of the above. Not in North stand, not in sth areas, but in other areas, day tickets, family areas, it should be fine...

Too many neanderthal types though to ever make it work in practice, however

Fulhams neutral stand is an idea with legs, i reckon, an area of the home end where other supportersare welcomed

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012
I voted no, but my daughter took us to a rugby match on Christmas Eve two years ago - Wasps vs Bath in Coventry at the Ricoh arena.

It's a stupid game and the experience didn't change the view, but it was refreshing that fans of both teams were mixed in the stands, and were shaking hands with each other and so on afterwards, wishing each other all the best for the rest of the season.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
It's worth saying that I understand that Tony Bloom has previously been mightily pissed off at the prevalence of fans of some clubs in home stands at the Amex.

If it doesn't work for Tony, it doesn't work for me.

Roll on next Sunday where, after Cardiff have beaten Palace and we've lost to Arsenal, City take the lead over us with Cardiff already holding a shock 1-0 lead at Old Trafford...

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
If they act respectfully, it should be fine, whether in colours or not ... but they won't (and I include us at away games in that) ... so not yet. Give it another 20 years before we can act as grown up as that.

Obviously there needs to be a bit of context to the question. Not in colours, not celebrating away goals and not being offensive then no problem with them. Being loud pricks then I do have a problem with them. I regularly go to non-league matches and fans manage to support their teams and not be segregated.

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
The odd individual or pair, provided they don't act like dicks, I don't have a major problem with (I'm WSL, definitely don't think they should be encouraged to go to the North). But large groups of them shouldn't be allowed.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
no, but i like the idea of a Neutral zone where its acceptable. maybe part of the family stand...

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
It's worth saying that I understand that Tony Bloom has previously been mightily pissed off at the prevalence of fans of some clubs in home stands at the Amex.

Roll on next Sunday where, after Cardiff have beaten Palace and we've lost to Arsenal, City take the lead over us with Cardiff already holding a shock 1-0 lead at Old Trafford...

Probably in the 1901 either side of him then. In all my time since the Amex opened in the East Stand, and a few other spots for cup games, personally I've never spotted an away fan anywhere in the ground other than the away end. :shrug:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

I think you’ve missed a Sunday out their

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Probably in the 1901 either side of him then. In all my time since the Amex opened in the East Stand, and a few other spots for cup games, personally I've never spotted an away fan anywhere in the ground other than the away end. :shrug:

Not at all, no. It is expected and accepted that away fans will be present in 1901.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
So where are all these away fans prevalent in the home stands he's upset about then, you seen any in the West Upper?

One or two on occasion. I suspect there are quite often a few but they keep their heads down, so no one would know. For example, I know a Palace fan who has been to most of their fixtures at the Amex in the WSU. If I didn't know them, I'd have no idea they were a Palace fan.

I can't be arsed to search through emails, messages and the like to find out when I was told this, but it was probably around the time of Hazard-can-I-have-your-shirt-gate.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
The short answer is no but if you are going to do it

- Keep your head down. Be prepared for stick if you are you outed and keep a lid on it if you score.
- Try to get a ticket in the most benign part of the crowd.
- Engage with those around you if your spidey sense tells you they are OK. At spurs in the cup a few years ago, they didn't mind our company.
- For BHAFC fans, accept that the stand you are sat in, in a northern grief hole may not have the same values as a town with a Green MP and a high proportion of gay and lesbian residents. I'm not condoning racist abuse or the like but it will be a bit different from the East stand upper.
- engage your brain. I wouldn't mind being sat next to a Man City fan if we are safe post Saturday. I will if we can go down and they are tanking us 3-0. Perhaps don't invite your Man city mate with the spare ST if the game means something next Sunday.

The last time I did it was Villa away for the Stockdale Imperial leather game. Sitting on my hands for Murray's pen was one of the hardest things I've ever done at the football. If we had of got a last minute winner I would have lost it and was planning on legging it out if we did thereafter.

jasetheace

Apr 13, 2011
We have all done it (twice this year for me) and we always will. Keeping a lid on it is the correct etiquette. It will on occasion become all too much (Fulham for that game and that goal).

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here