Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Reddit ask me anything with Lawro.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
My mate (a cabbie) drove him up to Three Bridges at 7.30 on Sunday morning for his train, with his son. I thought he'd be a miserable gudgeon, but surprisingly, he was apparently an absolutely top bloke, very chatty, happy to talk about the good old days, and gave a £20 tip.

Who knew ?

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
My mate (a cabbie) drove him up to Three Bridges at 7.30 on Sunday morning for his train, with his son. I thought he'd be a miserable gudgeon, but surprisingly, he was apparently an absolutely top bloke, very chatty, happy to talk about the good old days, and gave a £20 tip.

Who knew ?

Was on his way to do the Burnley game. BBC expenses. :thumbsup:

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
Saw Mark Lawrenson on a train coming back from London after an Albion away match in 1990. He was manager at Peterborough United.

In response to a question about Kevin Bremner's capabilities he replied "He's shit".

Says it as he sees it.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Those that saw the 1979 team at half time on Saturday, may remember him being interviewed along with the others.
He said he loved his time at Brighton. He was asked about Liverpool, and he said that was business as opposed to really enjoying his time with us.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I have posted this before but....

When I worked in the Royal Pavillion Tavern (Shades) The Lauro came in with most of the team one lunch time for refreshment. Shortly after, he sidled up and said to me 'Ere chief, you got change for the cigarette machine?'

I duly swapped a pound note for a fifty P and five ten Ps.

My fellow barman, John Gillett, who had just graduated from Sussex in English and was soon off to RADA (and who later became moderately successful on the telly as actor 'Aden' Gillet, using his 'family' name - he's 'posh') said to me, in his top quality comedy voice (which he has, bless him):

"Did you hear that? A million paaaaaahnds just said to you "'ere chief, 'ave you got for change for the cigarette machine?''!"

I still chuckle at that, a few months short of 40 years (yes, 40, FFS) later :lolol:

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Not gonna lie, that's left me in stitches.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Lawro was Honorary President of the pub football team I used to play for. A top bloke, some very good stories about him, unfortunately, not many I could repeat on here. He was , shall we say one for the ladies.
I was substituted once in a charity game, so he could come on.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Lawro was Honorary President of the pub football team I used to play for. A top bloke, some very good stories about him, unfortunately, not many I could repeat on here. He was , shall we say one for the ladies.

Did you lend him ya left foot?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Judging by what you say, a step up from 'so he could come off'.

Tish boom.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here