Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Old Promotion team

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I've done a bit of research and found this picture of Sully from just a couple of years ago.

View attachment 108525

yep.

sullytoday.jpg

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Wardy’s parting comment at the end of the H/T interviews included a mocking “Palarse”. Top bloke.

Are we not supposed to not say Palarse? Or ManUre, Stains, Wet Sham and Alice?

Bollocks to that! :lolol:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Christ, that was a long day.

His, yours, or mine? Mine was tortuous. Rarely in the history of a bloke doing an honest day's work has so little been offered to so many, with so few items of value or even meaning. FFS. And I'm still being sent emails. By gold plated twats. Fact. FACT!

:lolol::thumbsup:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Which one is Gerry Ryan? Is Maybank the one at the front with Paul Clark in the bottom photo and who is the one who looks like Mick McCarthy

Shame on me :down:

Gerry’s mother has just passed away and her funeral was last Friday so he may not have attended. He’s had cancer and a stroke but is soldiering on.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Gerry’s mother has just passed away and her funeral was last Friday so he may not have attended. He’s had cancer and a stroke but is soldiering on.

Thanks, very sad :down:

I think I saw his debut at Stoke, in a midweek night game, in what I think was a 1-1 draw with Maybank scoring for us. I think I’ve got that right, it was a long time ago. Must have been mad, everyone I used to go with was working so I drove up there on my own, like a billy no mates. Bought tickets in the home end and got a transfer to the the away end at half time. There were hardly an Albion fans there either

I do remember Stoke fans pushing my car to get it started after the game though :smile:

Last edited:

John Byrnes Mullet

Global Circumnavigator
Oct 4, 2004
Brighton
Who was the old guy on the pitch before Kick Off with the brightly coloured trousers. Was he one of the promotion squad who has not in the photo?. He seemed to be enjoying himself.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
It was nice to hear Lawro saying he enjoyed his time at Brighton more than Liverpool.
Probably just being polite, but nice to hear anyway.
I don't think he was being polite, I think he was being honest. Did he say he enjoyed it more, or just that it was more fun, because it was more business-like at Liverpool? He will of course have great memories of Liverpool, but felt it was more like work than a game.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
I don't think he was being polite, I think he was being honest. Did he say he enjoyed it more, or just that it was more fun, because it was more business-like at Liverpool? He will of course have great memories of Liverpool, but felt it was more like work than a game.

I'm sure if he was on radio Merseyside he might have said " being at Liverpool was fantastic, winning league titles and European Cups, but my heart will always be with Brighton" :D

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I'm sure if he was on radio Merseyside he might have said " being at Liverpool was fantastic, winning league titles and European Cups, but my heart will always be with Brighton" :D
If he was on radio Mersey, he wouldn't have even mentioned us. But I don't think he felt the need to lie. I imagine he's prouder of his time at Liverpool.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here