Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Best of British?

Will you be rooting for the British clubs this week in Europe?

• Yes, I'll be hoping they all win

Votes: 37 59.7%
  • I will only be supporting some of them

Votes: 14 22.6%
  • I want them all to lose to their continental cousins

Votes: 5 8.1%
  • IDKAF

Votes: 6 9.7%

• Total voters

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
This week we embark on one of the biggest weeks in English club history, as four of our biggest and best sides do battle in European semi finals with the prospect of history being made if they are all succesful with two all English finals of the two premiere UEFA club competitions.

Will you be rooting for them though as they proudly fly the flag for our country against the continents very best??

???

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I stopped supporting the 'British' teams when they stopped being 'British' in all but location. This week we've lost yet another Lisbon Lion (Steve Chalmers) from the Glasgow and District team that won the European Cup in 1967. In the 1960s and 70s a match between say Liverpool and Bayern Munich really was a contest between Britain (and Ireland) against Germany. Nowadays I really can't generate the enthusiasm to support some foreign-owned, foreign-managed, foreign staffed multi-million pound greedy corporate multi-national money-laundering organisation just because they're based in England.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Nope I’ll just enjoy watching, some hopefully quality football, and won’t get even vaguely stressed about who wins

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Spurs vs Ajax - don't care but hope it's as good a game as it promises to be
Liverpool vs Barca - don't care either way, just want one of the hype trains (Klopp vs Messi) derailed spectacularly (and hope whoever wins this loses the final)

Arsenal vs Valencia - really don't give a damn
Chelsea vs Frankfurt - can't stand Chelsea so hope they lose

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
What a stupid thread title, they are English teams, why would you want to associate their success with Wales and Scotland?

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
The top 6 in the PL are not really domestic clubs anymore, more global machines.

I've no more affinity with any of them than those outside of Britain, in fact I can get to Amsterdam quicker than some.

I resent their perpetual greed, threats of breakaways and continual revisions of TV rights distribution through self-importance.

I wish one of them would be didactic and brave enough to make decisions in value of our domestic game (fat chance).

They attract the worst kinds of 'fans', many of whom are totally and utterly unrelatable.

For those reasons, I would be inclined to want the other teams to win but of course I know that those clubs perpetuate the same kind of shithousery in their own countries.

Therefore I'll go with indifference.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
I'll be there on the sofa cheering on the Whites and the Reds and the Blues and the other Reds as they proudly represent our great nation. #Proudofourboys

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I don't care about Arsenal or Chelsea in the Europa League - both clubs are significantly below we're they've been in the past and only Hazard is box office top drawer flair.

I hope Spurs beat Ajax as a Spurs / Barca or Spurs / Liverpool Final is guaranteed entertainment.

MJsGhost

Remembers
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
The top 6 in the PL are not really domestic clubs anymore, more global machines.

I've no more affinity with any of them than those outside of Britain, in fact I can get to Amsterdam quicker than some.

I resent their perpetual greed, threats of breakaways and continual revisions of TV rights distribution through self-importance.

I wish one of them would be didactic and brave enough to make decisions in value of our domestic game (fat chance).

They attract the worst kinds of 'fans', many of whom are totally and utterly unrelatable.

For those reasons, I would be inclined to want the other teams to win but of course I know that those clubs perpetuate the same kind of shithousery in their own countries.

Therefore I'll go with indifference.

I couldn’t have put this any better.

It annoys a Spurs fan at work that I’ve said I haven’t had a clue about the result when he excitedly asks if I saw ‘the game’ after their champions league fixtures. He has looked genuinely crestfallen. I’ve known the result as it’s hard to miss, but I really DGAF

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I don't care about Arsenal or Chelsea in the Europa League - both clubs are significantly below we're they've been in the past and only Hazard is box office top drawer flair.

I hope Spurs beat Ajax as a Spurs / Barca or Spurs / Liverpool Final is guaranteed entertainment.

Spurs Barca is guaranteed comedy, although not for good reasons, or in alignment with my 'rah rah British clubs' imperative :rolleyes::lolol:

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Even if a lot of the players and staff are foreign, the clubs still represent England, so therefore I will want them to win.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here