Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] OT Converting word files to PDF

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
I’ve been looking for a solution online to this FASCINATING problem, but reckon NSC might be the best place to get the answer to anything.

I have many word files that I want to convert in to PDF. Most of the files contain images and I’m having trouble converting them with out some downgrade in quality.

The best option I’ve found so far is to use the Export to PDF option in Word rather than the ‘save as’ option.

I’ve changed the settings in Word so that images aren’t compressed and have saved the files with the highest quality image setting too.

Can anyone recommend any other ways of doing this? Free would be great but am willing to pay too, especially if I can convert large batches of files.

Thanking you in advance.

Rock Lobster

Dec 2, 2010
Hastings
Open your word document.

Click "File" and select Print.

Where it has your printer selected, click that and there should see "Microsoft Print to pdf", then it should pop up to give your new pdf a location and name.

Edit* Having actually read your post this time, you might have already done that :ffsparr:

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
Open your word document.

Click "File" and select Print.

Where it has your printer selected, click that and there should see "Microsoft Print to pdf", then it should pop up to give your new pdf a location and name.

Edit* Having actually read your post this time, you might have already done that :ffsparr:

I have but thanks for the response anyway :thumbsup:

Reagulls

Jul 22, 2013
There is a download called cute PDF I used to use,
Down load in and it appears as a print option, you can then PDF the document and then choose where to save it.

Deano's Right Foot

Jul 5, 2003
Barcombe
PDFSAM is excellent and I use the basic version to split PDF files up into pages. I understand that the enhanced version may be able to do what you want - it certainly has batch processing the other way around (PDF to other formats) but I'm not entirely sure. May be worth researching this program.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here