Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] If you were Palace...

matt

Mar 19, 2007
Would you put your reserve team out against Cardiff?

If the boot were on the other foot, I would put Locadia in goal and play Montoya as a lone striker.

James Bond's body double

Nov 1, 2009
Southwick
Only Zaha get's the rivalry in the starting 11, so I would fully expect them to go out & try for the win. Roy wouldn't go out to lose. I would hope we would do the same, do I want them to win no I don't, I want them to try and win of course, draw sorts it all out IMHO.

Last edited:

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
If fans were in control of team selection then they'd play the u18's, luckily for us Roy will want to finish as high as possible to get more money for transfers. Plus remember they were "on the beach" when they beat Arsenal away!

I think we may be surprised at the result.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Would you put your reserve team out against Cardiff?

If the boot were on the other foot, I would put Locadia in goal and play Montoya as a lone striker.

If the boot was on the other foot, I wouldn't give a toss about them, I'd want to equal last seasons 11th place and get to 49 points. I certainly wouldn't want to compromise a fine away record throwing a game to the 3rd worse team in the division.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
each league postion is worth about £2m, between gaining a position and losing one 4m at stake for Palace so Roy will be going to win.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Palace players are competing for league position, bonuses, contracts etc.

Why would they roll over because it might, possibly, maybe (but probably not) affect a rival club? That would be nonsensical.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I would be really surprised if any professional team would deliberately rollover.

As long as there is increased prize money/league position to play for I think all PL clubs will try to win up until the last game.
With Cardiff needing a win and Palace's preference for counterattacking, I can't see Cardiff getting much out of this game.

jamie (not that one)

NSC Patreon
May 3, 2012
Valencia
I would be pretty annoyed if the shoe were on the other foot and we did that. Firstly, it's totally unprofessional and secondly it would cost the team money in league places.

Brovion

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Palace players are competing for league position, bonuses, contracts etc.

Why would they roll over because it might, possibly, maybe (but probably not) affect a rival club? That would be nonsensical.

Indeed. Ditto the people worrying about how seriously Man U will take their game against Cardiff as Solskjaer 'used to be their manager'. ' It's incredible how many dullards think these things affect how professionals approach their work.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I would be pretty annoyed if the shoe were on the other foot and we did that. Firstly, it's totally unprofessional and secondly it would cost the team money in league places.

Not forgetting the six points next season :smile:

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
Quote from Roy about Hughton this morning:

"I've kept really quiet but I'll tell you something, he went down in my estimation when he said that we'd throw this game. We have not resorted to that. You can tell him now, we're still fighting for this twelfth spot and he's got to go to Arsenal and get something. And I'll tell you, honestly, I will love it if we beat Cardiff, love it!"

Back in the real world, I would (Keegan) love it if Palace do roll over and it's a complete irrelevance to us anyway.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Cardiff will try to throw the kitchen sink at them. It's a bit of a nothing game for Palace and one that they don't have to scrap out so it's about them being switched on or not, which we have seen a lot of "not "from us this season..

The Palace fans may even get behind Cardiff? Now that's a thought!

CPFC G

Dec 24, 2011
Players and staff are professional these days, the days of the chairman sticking his head in the dressing room and telling the players to take it easy are long gone.

Cardiff will have to attack us which will leave holes at the other end, Can see us winning down there to be honest, We are decent on the road. Zaha was there on loan, im sure he will want to put in a performance.

Although if we did lose and it kept you lot sweating for another week it would be amusing.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Quote from Roy about Hughton this morning:

"I've kept really quiet but I'll tell you something, he went down in my estimation when he said that we'd throw this game. We have not resorted to that. You can tell him now, we're still fighting for this twelfth spot and he's got to go to Arsenal and get something. And I'll tell you, honestly, I will love it if we beat Cardiff, love it!"

Back in the real world, I would (Keegan) love it if Palace do roll over and it's a complete irrelevance to us anyway.

i can't imagine CH saying that palace would throw the game ...!! did he..?? who are you anyway.....tower hamlets ...scum breeding ground...??? :moo::ffsparr:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Players and staff are professional these days, the days of the chairman sticking his head in the dressing room and telling the players to take it easy are long gone.

Cardiff will have to attack us which will leave holes at the other end, Can see us winning down there to be honest, We are decent on the road. Zaha was there on loan, im sure he will want to put in a performance.

Although if we did lose and it kept you lot sweating for another week it would be amusing.

If Zaha shows half as much spirit against Cardiff as Barnes does for Burnley against us he’ll be MOTM. However he’s a bit of a childish **** so I can see him not being interested and finding it funny if Palace lose. He’s out of there anyway next season.

I’m just grateful Cardiff aren’t playing Bournemouth, they’d definitely roll over for them.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here