Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Film] Avengers: Endgame (Spoilers in here)

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
So I wanted to make a post to see how many of you are in on the Marvel Universe series that has been going on for the last 12 odd years. It's probably set to the be highest grossing movie of all time, cinemas in my city are sold out all of Friday, Saturday and Sunday and some are even doing 24 hour openings this weekend and selling every single showing out. I don't want to throw my thoughts out there until I know I'm not just speaking into the void but I just got back from seeing it and loved it. I feel absolutely satisfied, sad, happy and so lucky to have witnessed an outrageously ambitious series like this one. For those who went what did you think? Stand out moments?

For those reading I've made it a point to avoid any spoilers in this opening post, the rest will not be so lucky so please don't scroll down unless you're up to date.

stewardxxx

Oct 7, 2008
Brighton
Thor being a large drunk fella was bloody hilarious and gives hope to all men with dad bods!

However, people in the cinema that clap and cheer really piss me off.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
I like the Marvel films but seem to be in a minority. I am going to have to see this alone as no one else wants to come.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
It's huge over here but I struggle to have much interest. I'm a huge geek and into lots of similar shows, movies etc. and friends rave about it. Just a bit meh! for me and can't really explain why.

The Guardians of the Galaxy characters and movies seem to have some funny moments but I was almost falling asleep during a lot of this movie last Wednesday.

Weird characters walking in to pose and do nothing got huge cheers and applause and the movie kept contradicting itself. But then these things don't seem exclusive to Marvel.

The girlfriend loved it though which I guess is the only reason I went anyway so job done.

indy3050

Jun 22, 2011
When future nebula killed? past nebula, shouldn’t future nebula cease to exist? I might have switched off (I did a couple of times, 3 hours is a bit much for me)

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
An action Movie with pathos and some brilliant set pieces.

The dialogue heavy first hour was a challenge for my 7 year old daughter but my 10 year old and 9 year old sons have not stopped talking about it since Saturday.

Fitting end too.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
It's huge over here but I struggle to have much interest. I'm a huge geek and into lots of similar shows, movies etc. and friends rave about it. Just a bit meh! for me and can't really explain why.

The Guardians of the Galaxy characters and movies seem to have some funny moments but I was almost falling asleep during a lot of this movie last Wednesday.

Weird characters walking in to pose and do nothing got huge cheers and applause and the movie kept contradicting itself. But then these things don't seem exclusive to Marvel.

The girlfriend loved it though which I guess is the only reason I went anyway so job done.

My nephews went to the midnight showing of the film in Hastings, didnt get in till 3am.
Mum slightly bemused!

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
When future nebula killed? past nebula, shouldn’t future nebula cease to exist? I might have switched off (I did a couple of times, 3 hours is a bit much for me)

IT was mentioned earlier by Banner that time travel does NOT work like the movies, hence the line that Scott Lang delivers "So, you're telling me, Back to the Future is bullshit". Also, the Ancient One explains the effect of making changes.

The basic idea is that when you make a change in the past, all you do is create a new parallel timeline.

Normski1989

Apr 15, 2015
Hove
I enjoyed the film, but one thing bugged me when I left.

Everyone that survived the snap in Infinity War had aged five years, like Scott Lang's daughter. Everyone that vanished and then came back, was brought back at the age they vanished. That's fine. But I know from watching the trailer for the next Spiderman that it's exactly the same cast and they're all the same age. I know it's possible that they all vanished in the snap, so none of them aged, but the randomness of Thanos' plan makes that extremely unlikely. Such a tiny thing, but it frustrates me so much.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean

The same reason that when past Thanos died then the whole past 5 years didn't cease to exist.....But no I don't really understand it either.....especially having to put the stones back to the same place/time, but then having no issue with scrubbing that timeline anyway (Loki escape etc..)

Thought it was a pretty decent film and kept interest throughout the whole 3 hours.....must admit I did become confused by the sheer number of characters on the battlefield at the end. A good way to end the run of the main characters and ensure they can't play any part in the Phase 4 of the franchise.

I enjoyed the film, but one thing bugged me when I left.

Everyone that survived the snap in Infinity War had aged five years, like Scott Lang's daughter. Everyone that vanished and then came back, was brought back at the age they vanished. That's fine. But I know from watching the trailer for the next Spiderman that it's exactly the same cast and they're all the same age.

I don't think they have confirmed when the next Spiderman movie takes place (pre or post snap) - hence Fury's "nice to finally meet you" comment to PP in the trailer, despite being at the funeral (although they may not have spoken then I guess).

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
For those reading I've made it a point to avoid any spoilers in this opening post, the rest will not be so lucky so please don't scroll down unless you're up to date.
I'm not up to date, and won't read the rest of the posts, but I will read replies to mine, so please avoid spoilers if quoting me.

Could you tell me the order of all the films, to watch the saga from start to finish? That way I can check the family are up to date before watching the endgame. Thanks.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
FFS the thread title says "spoilers in here" and yet there aren't any actual spoilers. Allow me.

for-86-BRZ-GT86-carbon-fiber-rear-spoiler-wing-for-Toyota-86-Subaru-BRZ-Auto-Racing.jpg_640x640.jpg

9c4e6340986c9aa46addf323db0d4437b2d33f15.jpg

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I'm not up to date, and won't read the rest of the posts, but I will read replies to mine, so please avoid spoilers if quoting me.

Could you tell me the order of all the films, to watch the saga from start to finish? That way I can check the family are up to date before watching the endgame. Thanks.

I would steer clear of a thread that is designed to include spoiler, if I were you.

Re the order to watch....

From https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-...-netflix-avengers-black-panther-a8420876.html

Phase One

Captain America: The First Avenger (1943 - 1945)

Agent Carter (seasons one and two)

Agent Carter (one-shot — Iron Man 3 DVD)

Captain Marvel (1995)

Iron Man (2010)

Iron Man 2 (2011)

The Incredible Hulk (2011)

The Consultant (one-shot — Thor DVD)

A Funny Thing Happened On The Way To Thor’s Hammer (one-shot — Captain America: First Avenger DVD)

Thor (2011)

Avengers (2012)

Item 47 (one-shot — Avengers DVD)

Phase Two

Iron Man 3 (2012)

All Hail the King (one-shot – Thor: The Dark World)

Agents of Shield (season one: episodes 1 — 7)

Thor: The Dark World (2013)

Agents of Shield (season one: episodes 8 — 16)

Captain America: The Winter Soldier (2014)

Agents of Shield (season one: episodes 17 — 22)

Guardians of the Galaxy (2014)

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (2014)

Daredevil (season one)

Agents of Shield (season two: episodes 1 — 19)

Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015)

Agents of Shield (season two: episodes 20 — 22)

Ant-Man (2015)

Jessica Jones (season one)

Daredevil (season two)

Agents of Shield (season three: episodes 1 — 19)

Phase Three

Captain America: Civil War (2016)

Agents of Shield (season three: episodes 20 — 22)

Luke Cage (season one)

Agents of Shield (season four: episodes 1 — 8)

Agents of Shield: Slingshot (web series)

Agents of Shield (season four: episodes 9 — 22)

Iron Fist (season one)

The Defenders (season one)

Spider-Man: Homecoming (2016)

Doctor Strange (2016 - 2017)

The Punisher (season one)

Runaways (season one)

Black Panther (2017)

Agents of Shield (season five, episodes 1 — 19)

Cloak and Dagger (season one)

Jessica Jones (season two)

Inhumans (season one)

Luke Cage (season two)

Iron Fist (season two)

Daredevil (season 3)

Runaways (season 2)

The Punisher (season 2)

Thor: Ragnarok (2017)

Ant-Man and The Wasp (2017)

Avengers Infinity War (2017)

Agents of Shield (season five, episodes 20 - 22)

Avengers: Endgame (2019)

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
I loved it. But they need to work out what form of time travel they're using because none of the Steve Rodgers/Captain America stuff added up at the end despite loads of exposition earlier in the film about how time travel worked.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
IT was mentioned earlier by Banner that time travel does NOT work like the movies, hence the line that Scott Lang delivers "So, you're telling me, Back to the Future is bullshit". Also, the Ancient One explains the effect of making changes.

The basic idea is that when you make a change in the past, all you do is create a new parallel timeline.

Which is exactly why Captain America turning up on the bench at the end doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I would steer clear of a thread that is designed to include spoiler, if I were you.
Well I'm not reading posts that aren't a direct reply to mine :)

Re the order to watch....
WTF?

I was thinking you'd post a few movies.

Ok - my kids are 11 & 12, and they should be able to get some enjoyment from these films. Could you recommend a bunch of these films, and the best order to watch them in?

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
i loved it, have seen all the MCU movies apart from Iron Man 3 and The Incredible Hulk and at least sampled most of the TV shows (although the only ones I've watched a lot of are Agents of Shield and Cloak and Dagger). Just thought it was a really nice summing up of the entire MCU output up to that point and I know the bit with Cap at the end may be at odds with the rest of the movie but it was just a nice way to send the character as played by Chris Evans off. Think it may be difficult to replace the actors who have now left (especially Chris Evans and Chris Hemsworth) but I'm sure they will manage :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here