Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Albion Awards Dinner

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Never agree with things like this being held whilst the season is still unfinished.

If I was running the club this wouldn't happen until after the last ball has been kicked.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I was interested mainly to see how Sidwell fairs as a presenter; I read an interview with him where he talked about the gig and the training he did for it. I found this quite interesting and wanted to see how he got on..... but the feed just had a loop of photos and some shite music to accompany them.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Is it at Wimpy in PortslAde? Should only take 15 minutes all in and they'll be done so there'll be no queue

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Not showing much on that feed?

I was interested mainly to see how Sidwell fairs as a presenter; I read an interview with him where he talked about the gig and the training he did for it. I found this quite interesting and wanted to see how he got on..... but the feed just had a loop of photos and some shite music to accompany them.

It will go live again at some point this side of breakfast I think.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Never agree with things like this being held whilst the season is still unfinished.

If I was running the club this wouldn't happen until after the last ball has been kicked.

The same timing as PFA and PWA dinners. Done, because most players fly off to Dubai, Mauritius, Vegas within hours of the final ball kicked. It’s a hard life.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
That's fine. Tells you everything you need to know.

Does it though ?

It is their opportunity to spend time with their families, they may be over paid etc but you can’t begrudge them the chance to spend some proper time with them for the small part of the year when they can actually make their own plans.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Does it though ?

It is their opportunity to spend time with their families, they may be over paid etc but you can’t begrudge them the chance to spend some proper time with them for the small part of the year when they can actually make their own plans.

Most of them are retired by the time they are 29 or 30 and can spend as much time as they want with their families. Just watching Wayne Bridge on Celebrity SAS saying that basically he has **** all to do all day except do the school run.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Awards evening you say?

Presenter: Here are the categories tonight;
"Worst Pass"
"Most time spent shouting at a team mate"
"Most shots taken" (this is a wooden spoon)
"Shittest player bought from Holland for more than 10 Million"
"The Dale Stephens award for walking diagonally backwards in a shopping centre"
"Chris Hughton's Special Award for Most Time Spent in Own Half"
"Most offsides (2 points for being really obvious)" - no actual competition here so given to Glenn in his hotel room
"Public Transport of the Year (Southern Trains disqualified on the basis that you actually have to attempt to provide a service)"

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Most of them are retired by the time they are 29 or 30 and can spend as much time as they want with their families. Just watching Wayne Bridge on Celebrity SAS saying that basically he has **** all to do all day except do the school run.

Can’t work out if your serious or not !!

Unbelievable if your not to be honest.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Plus training is just a 10am to 2pm job every day. Their kids, WAGS and mistresses spend a great deal of time with them in the football season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here