Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Alex Scott @ Sky Sports.

Hu_Camus

Jan 27, 2019
I watch this woman commentating on matches after the fact in the studio, and I just know I'm not the only person who thinks she's a gobshiite.

Graeme Souness sits and grimaces as she tells him how it is, as she is given an equal billing. To top it all, she's all plastic self-aggrandising mockney to boot, dropping her 'aitches and sounding like Janis Street-Porter on Skunk.
And what is all this faux Mockney 'ard-man-out-of-Essex' boilocks.....seems like its de rigueur now, with even those well-known sick-note 'ard geezers like Jaimie Redknapp, Glen 'Oddle, and CH himself giving it all the Blind Beggar chat.

I think I blame that old 'responsible gambler' Ray Winston myself.:shootself

theboybilly

I watch this woman commentating on matches after the fact in the studio, and I just know I'm not the only person who thinks she's a gobshiite.

Graeme Souness sits and grimaces as she tells him how it is, as she is given an equal billing. To top it all, she's all plastic self-aggrandising mockney to boot, dropping her 'aitches and sounding like Janis Street-Porter on Skunk.
And what is all this faux Mockney 'ard-man-out-of-Essex' boilocks.....seems like its de rigueur now, with even those well-known sick-note 'ard geezers like Jaimie Redknapp, Glen 'Oddle, and CH himself giving it all the Blind Beggar chat.

You seem to have dropped the aitch on your location :shrug:

PoG

Oct 29, 2013

Someone's got a crush.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
She has saturated Television on every channel in no time at all. Anyone would think there an agenda behind it all.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Alex Scott has only been involved in media stuff since the 2018 World Cup. Like the men who join the industry she'll improve over time.

It's good to have folk from the women's game involved. They don't just iron shirts and act as cheerleaders these days.

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
Alex Scott has only been involved in media stuff since the 2018 World Cup. Like the men who join the industry she'll improve over time.

It's good to have folk from the women's game involved. They don't just iron shirts and act as cheerleaders these days.

I think my wife is typical of many female supporters - she wants to hear expert opinion and analysis from people who’ve been at the top of the professional game, not from a token female who is part of the BBC pc agenda. She feels that it does nothing to advance equality - in fact quite the opposite.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
I think my wife is typical of many female supporters - she wants to hear expert opinion and analysis from people who’ve been at the top of the professional game, not from a token female who is part of the BBC pc agenda. She feels that it does nothing to advance equality - in fact quite the opposite.

This. Most complaints I've heard are from women, let them fight the battle.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

Why Mockney, she was raised in tower hamlets!

She's just starting out in the media and there are plenty of male pundits that are crap!

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

So, playing for the national team isn't the top level of the sport and I believe they are paid so that makes them professional.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
Watching a bit of women’s footie lately. They are improving all the time.......BUT.......they are still held back by awful goalkeepers, even in the ‘big’ clubs, it’s clearly just not in the genes. It means I just can’t take it seriously.

While I’m at it...... how on earth can Brighton’s team be full time pros? Who is paying for all this and where is that money not going to because of it?

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
So, playing for the national team isn't the top level of the sport and I believe they are paid so that makes them professional.

It's the top level of lower level monkey tennis....

It's a level, of course, and good for her - but do I want to hear someone who's played only at that level critiquing someone who has played at a vastly superior level?

No, I don't.

Last edited:

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
It's the top level of lower level monkey tennis....

It's a level, of course, and good for her - but do I want to hear someone who's played only at that level critiquing someone who has played at a vastly superior level?

No, I don't.

So, do you read any match reports in news papers? How many of those journalists have played at the top level?

I'm not saying she is the best but equally don't think she is the worst.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Watching a bit of women’s footie lately. They are improving all the time.......BUT.......they are still held back by awful goalkeepers, even in the ‘big’ clubs, it’s clearly just not in the genes. It means I just can’t take it seriously.

While I’m at it...... how on earth can Brighton’s team be full time pros? Who is paying for all this and where is that money not going to because of it?

While we're at it, perhaps the club should stop AITC as that money could go to the first team playing squad as well :facepalm:

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
"Not in the genes"...**** me that is just so ignorant it is unbelievable. People like you need to skulk off back to stone age where you came from.

Whilst I agree that is a ridiculous comment, why are women goalkeepers so appallingly bad? I’ve often wondered. There’s no reason why they should be any worse than men, apart from a bit weaker and a bit slower. They should still be able to catch a ball.

The Albion are pushing women’s football so much at the moment, and apart from a number of ‘look how PC I am’ posters on here, I don’t know anyone who is interested in it. It seems like there’s even more stuff on social media these days then there is about the men’s team. Yesterday I logged on to Instagram to be told ‘Defeat for Albion today’. Their constant marketing clearly isn’t working for me, because I’m ashamed to admit that the first word that came to my head was ‘Good’.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here