Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Marcelo Bielsa

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
For those of you who would like Marcelo Bielsa, the Leeds United Argentinian manager, as Albion’s next gaffer, be warned - he speaks no English. To help with the communication process I have identified the following as essential instructions for our players :

1. Avanzer - Get forward.

2. Ataque - Attack.

3. Pon la bola en la bolsa de cebolla - Put the ball in the onion bag

There you go boys and girls. That’s the first team talk done. Hope you approve. :drink:

For someone that speaks no English he did a bloody good job of yelling 'Give the goal'. Not sure my Spanish stretches that far.

Blues Rock DJ

Apr 18, 2011
Dorset
For those of you who would like Marcelo Bielsa, the Leeds United Argentinian manager, as Albion’s next gaffer, be warned - he speaks no English. To help with the communication process I have identified the following as essential instructions for our players :

1. Avanzer - Get forward.

2. Ataque - Attack.

3. Pon la bola en la bolsa de cebolla - Put the ball in the onion bag

There you go boys and girls. That’s the first team talk done. Hope you approve. :drink:

Our players haven't heard that in whichever language you choose !!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Would love to see Bielsa here at some stage - hugely entertaining mentalist that he is.

If he came here now, our squad would need a MASSIVE turnover. His game is all about pressing, mobility, energy. He has his players weighed and fitness tested daily, to assure they are sticking to the prescribed regime.

Say adios to Stephens, Pröpper, Jahanbakhsh, Locadia, Groß and Glenn, amongst others.

:lolol:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
With appropriate attribution to 'phoenix' on the mailing list, and apologies if this has been posted elsewhere:

Leeds United manager Marcelo Bielsa could be dismissed after a show of sportsmanship, contrary to the long-established traditions of the football club. The Argentinean will be fired unless he can persuade the Directors that he truly embraces the graceless, classless ethos that is at the very heart of the club universally known as ‘Dirty Leeds’.

Everything had been proceeding as expected during the game against Aston Villa, with Leeds scoring a very controversial goal rather than kicking the ball out of play to allow an opposing player to receive treatment. This prompted a massive brawl during which a Leeds striker play-acted that a punch had been thrown, causing a Villa defender to be sent off. In other words, Leeds were demonstrating their customary disregard for the principles of fair play.

But Bielsa, recognising that his team’s goal should not have been scored, appeared to suffer an attack of conscience and ordered his players to immediately concede an equaliser. They duly obliged, apart from one defender who attempted to kick the striker up in the air before he scored. No doubt that player is a ‘legend’ according to the Leeds fans.

Leeds have a long history of dishonesty, going back to the days of Don Revie’s hated teams, through the dodgy chairmanship of Ken Bates, and the ownership of Massimo Cellino, who was convicted of tax evasion, deception and false accounting. When Marcelo Bielsa was found guilty of sending coaching staff to spy on opposition training grounds earlier in the season, he was thought to have convinced everyone at the club that he is a suitably unfit and improper person for Leeds.

But this incident has caused Leeds to have doubts about whether he is the right man to lead them into a new era of cheating. If he is given until the end of the season, Bielsa will only have a few more games to lower Leeds’ reputation back into the gutter.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
BHA with a slightly quirky South American manager, what could go wrong?

“Slightly quirky”? Bielsa’s a full on, grade A fruit loop. We haven’t had a Manager like that since Poy...

Oh. I see now what you just did...

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Surely no manager would leave THE Leeds United to come to little old Brighton?

I would love it, for multiple reasons, but it feels unlikely to me.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
I'm in, if only as a total wind-up of my depressed and suicidal dirty Leeds supporting mate.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Now that Leeds have failed in the play-offs, our approach for Potter has been rebuffed and there's a lack of quality managers availability I see there's been a bit of money placed on Bielsa and he's now 4th favourite.

I'm beginning to warm to the idea of Bielsa. Yes, there is a language barrier but I'm sure he'd be totally motivated for his first crack at the Prem having already tried his luck in the top leagues in Spain, Italy and France.

The thing that really appeals is his pulling power in the player stakes and his penchant for 3-3-3-1 or 4-3-3. That might really suit us if we could bring a right wing-back player in like Reece James, Dan Burn would get game time with Duffy and Dunk would have opportunities to get forward.

With James, Bissouma, Bernardo, March, Knockaert, Andone and a nippy wide man like Dan James or a Harry Wilson it would be an exciting line-up and an exciting season.

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
Now that Leeds have failed in the play-offs, our approach for Potter has been rebuffed and there's a lack of quality managers availability I see there's been a bit of money placed on Bielsa and he's now 4th favourite.

I'm beginning to warm to the idea of Bielsa. Yes, there is a language barrier but I'm sure he'd be totally motivated for his first crack at the Prem having already tried his luck in the top leagues in Spain, Italy and France.

The thing that really appeals is his pulling power in the player stakes and his penchant for 3-3-3-1 or 4-3-3. That might really suit us if we could bring a right wing-back player in like Reece James, Dan Burn would get game time with Duffy and Dunk would have opportunities to get forward.

With James, Bissouma, Bernardo, March, Knockaert, Andone and a nippy wide man like Dan James or a Harry Wilson it would be an exciting line-up and an exciting season.

Plenty of staff from Donatello's could help with the translation.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here