Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Marcelo Bielsa

el punal

For those of you who would like Marcelo Bielsa, the Leeds United Argentinian manager, as Albion’s next gaffer, be warned - he speaks no English. To help with the communication process I have identified the following as essential instructions for our players :

1. Avanzer - Get forward.

2. Ataque - Attack.

3. Pon la bola en la bolsa de cebolla - Put the ball in the onion bag

There you go boys and girls. That’s the first team talk done. Hope you approve. :drink:

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
For those of you who would like Marcelo Bielsa, the Leeds United Argentinian manager, as Albion’s next gaffer, be warned - he speaks no English. To help with the communication process I have identified the following as essential instructions for our players :

2. Ataque - Attack.

There you go boys and girls. That’s the first team talk done. Hope you approve. :drink:

3/10 for the translation

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Why does it bother you?

Sent from my TA-1020 using Tapatalk

Are you a mind reader? Where did I say it bothered me, I asked a simple question. It's very un-English, unless you are a politician, to answer a question with a question.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
What's the translation for:-

'I need you to play full-back today'

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

2. Ataque - Attack.

pregúntale al táctico, bens abuelo :D

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
Would love to see Bielsa here at some stage - hugely entertaining mentalist that he is.

If he came here now, our squad would need a MASSIVE turnover. His game is all about pressing, mobility, energy. He has his players weighed and fitness tested daily, to assure they are sticking to the prescribed regime.

Say adios to Stephens, Pröpper, Jahanbakhsh, Locadia, Groß and Glenn, amongst others.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Vamanos muchachos is all we need.

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
Would love to see Bielsa here at some stage - hugely entertaining mentalist that he is.

If he came here now, our squad would need a MASSIVE turnover. His game is all about pressing, mobility, energy. He has his players weighed and fitness tested daily, to assure they are sticking to the prescribed regime.

Say adios to Stephens, Pröpper, Jahanbakhsh, Locadia, Groß and Glenn, amongst others.

Worked well for them with their strong finish to the season...

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Worked well for them with their strong finish to the season...
Seems to be a pattern with him - his teams tend to steamroll pretty much anything in the first half of a season, then fall apart and end up limping over the line (or not, in the case of DL) at the end.

LVGull

May 13, 2016
Seems to be a pattern with him - his teams tend to steamroll pretty much anything in the first half of a season, then fall apart and end up limping over the line (or not, in the case of DL) at the end.

That’s fine. We will have 40 pts at Xmas and finish on 44 pts.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013

Quite similar to our season then, all be it 1-0 wins is our steamrolling of teams in this division.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here