Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Player Of The Season HAS To Be Shane Duffy...

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
... shirley.

If we had another half dozen with half his fighting spirit, we'd conquer the world. Well at least the PL world outside of the top 6.

Ignore the hilarious larger than life blockhead off the field persona and focus on what he gives us on the pitch. Puts his body unclinchingly on the line time after time, match after match. Flogs his legs up and down the pitch. In recent Amex games, when certain others were hiding (and fooling nobody in the cheap seats) Shane was repeatedly trying to force the ball over the line by sheer force of willpower. All that and playing for his country in the interminable international breaks while most of his team mates are out shopping with the missus or staying home playing playstation (ok, know that's probably not even a thing anymore but you know what I mean 'arry)

Shane Duffy :bowdown: :bowdown:

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Bernardo has been consistant but hasn't made the position completely his own yet. He might get there in the future though to deserve one with his potential he's shown.

The only players who I think play 75% or more must be Ryan, Dunk, Duffy and Stephens. The 4th for me hasn't played as well as he can / has other seasons but hasn't been as dreadful as many say. Not deserving of PoTS though either.

If I have to split the 3 I'm certain that yes I'd go for Duffy. Dunk hasn't kicked on since a good start and Ryan missed a big chunk when we needed him then didn't make the difference upon his return. Duffy made a huge mistake but has upped his goals which was the big critisism last season and for me deserves it. Partly though it must be said, as I don't see any other deserving candidates in what has been a poor season (despite probably achieving our goal all be it by literally the slimmest margin).

Propper would have been in the mix until the last month or so when I feel he's ended that discussion. If the timing of his season was reversed though and he started badly then ended on a high he'd have a case. Guess lack of goals would still cost him.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
Unfortunately you’ve chosen today to make your point after his very average display yesterday. His passing was terrible at times and he made 4 or 5 really stupid errors which he was lucky didn’t cost us. He should spend more time ensuring he performs at the level required rather than being on at everyone else.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
... shirley.

If we had another half dozen with half his fighting spirit, we'd conquer the world. Well at least the PL world outside of the top 6.

Ignore the hilarious larger than life blockhead off the field persona and focus on what he gives us on the pitch. Puts his body unclinchingly on the line time after time, match after match. Flogs his legs up and down the pitch. In recent Amex games, when certain others were hiding (and fooling nobody in the cheap seats) Shane was repeatedly trying to force the ball over the line by sheer force of willpower. All that and playing for his country in the interminable international breaks while most of his team mates are out shopping with the missus or staying home playing playstation (ok, know that's probably not even a thing anymore but you know what I mean 'arry)

A good case for the accused m'lud.

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
... shirley.

Ain’t nobody.......... yes I agree.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Unfortunately you’ve chosen today to make your point after his very average display yesterday. His passing was terrible at times and he made 4 or 5 really stupid errors which he was lucky didn’t cost us. He should spend more time ensuring he performs at the level required rather than being on at everyone else.

Still trolled up and down the pitch WAY more than his job description yesterday. And once again tried to push his body to force the ball over the line. He's not our second top scorer this season for no reason. He's MADE that happen. And shamed more than a few of his team mates in the process.

Sue1983

Aug 15, 2018
Dunk for me has been far superior to Duffy this season.

But I would give it to Solly March even though he hasn't always been in the starting line up.

James Tompkins

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Dunk and Duffy - joint champions

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Similarly, the lap of honour after ManC will be cringeworthy.

3,000 city fans plus all their plastics who’ve sneaked into the other stands, plus 5,000 loyal Albion fans.

4999 loyal fans...I am playing golf on the Sunday so missing the game.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Does anyone really want the POTS award this season?

Must be rather embarassing to collect that one.

Don't be silly. It's still a massive honour even if we were to go down. It's Duffy for me followed by Lewes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here