Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] How others now view us.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Of course we don't really care as long as we survive, but after seeing Jake Humphreys tweet, retweeted by Tim Krul..... I wonder how our reputation can go in less than 2 seasons, from the cheeky likeable club from the south coast, to what appears in a lot of peoples eyes to be a very boring team, one dimensional and lacking threat....?

"Having watched Brighton today, and I know I’m not impartial, but you really should be pleased about the prospect of an expansive, exciting, ambitious Norwich team...full of home-grown talents...joining the [MENTION=34361]PremierLeague[/MENTION].
[emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122]"

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Of course we don't really care as long as we survive, but after seeing Jake Humphreys tweet, retweeted by Tim Krul..... I wonder how our reputation can go in less than 2 seasons, from the cheeky likeable club from the south coast, to what appears in a lot of peoples eyes to be a very boring team, one dimensional and lacking threat....?

"Having watched Brighton today, and I know I’m not impartial, but you really should be pleased about the prospect of an expansive, exciting, ambitious Norwich team...full of home-grown talents...joining the [MENTION=34361]PremierLeague[/MENTION]. "

aka 'Cannon Fodder' for the Big Six.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton

"Having watched Brighton today, and I know I’m not impartial, but you really should be pleased about the prospect of an expansive, exciting, ambitious Norwich team...full of home-grown talents...joining the [MENTION=34361]PremierLeague[/MENTION].
[emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122]"

It's a naive, stupid tweet from Humphrey who really should know better about the difference in approach in the 2 divisions. Ask Fulham.

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
We played pretty good attacking football when we got promoted. Unless Norwich have loads of money to spend, which I doubt, they will either become more defensive (but not as defensive as us) or go back down.

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
That will come back to bite. Our team two years ago are more suited to PL survival than they will be in August. Let them get ahead of themselves. They can sign Pritchard if they're in trouble.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
I’ve given up wanting us to survive. After getting our arses handed to us by Bournemouth..yes..BOURNEMOUTH...I decided I’d rather be battering Derby, Leeds and Villa than getting arse raped by everyone except Palace and Manchester Untied.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I’ve given up wanting us to survive. After getting our arses handed to us by Bournemouth..yes..BOURNEMOUTH...I decided I’d rather be battering Derby, Leeds and Villa than getting arse raped by everyone except Palace and Manchester Untied.

Totally agree, and nothing wrong with people making their opinions known on Twitter. Sadly, I agree with JH.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Totally agree, and nothing wrong with people making their opinions known on Twitter. Sadly, I agree with JH.

If I have to endure another season like this one I think I’m going to switch allegiance to Liverpool for a change. I’m from there after all and can still produce a Stephen Grahamesque scouse accent when needed.

Come ead lar.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Humphrey is a TV presenter who thinks he has developed an understanding of football because he sits next to sub standard pundits on BT.

Norwich's line up yesterday was-

Krul
Aarons
Zimmermann
Godfrey
Lewis
McLean
Vrancic
Buendía
Stiepermann
Hernández
Pukki

Hmm, it looks like a whole load of home-grown talents in that starting line up Jake. He also seems to forget everyone was in awe of Fulham's "expansive, exciting, ambitious" style of football last season in the Championship. That worked out well.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Were we ever a cheeky likeable club from the south coast? Who cares about what others think of us?

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
It's a naive, stupid tweet from Humphrey who really should know better about the difference in approach in the 2 divisions. Ask Fulham.
I make Jake 100% right.

This collapse and rumours of dressing room disquiet make us, currently, the most disliked club in the PL with Cardiff being seen as the real battlers at the bottom.

Just getting Embarrassing.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

I'm sure TB will be over the moon with your wish ..... given he'll be funding the club again if we drop.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Can't help feeling this is a bit (and I hate the term normally) 'snowflakey'.

Most hated team? Even if that is a thing, then who cares? If the club retains its place in the PL then it clearly deserves too. All this talk about 'we're there because there are three worse teams than us', well DURR, that's how the league works FFS!

I've said for weeks now that we are pretty much where I expected us to be. The first half of the season – when, remember, the club was getting a lot of praise for the performances – we were seven points up on the tracker. That was never going to last, but the key is looking to improve year-on-year. They might not be massive improvements – and yes, the performances have been woeful at times – but we start a new season in August and everything is reset. All this doom and gloom is so reactionary and of the moment. Take a look at the bigger picture.

As for JH and his tweet – he's entitled to it, well done to him and his club for getting promoted. Let's see how things pan out next season...

Hu_Camus

Jan 27, 2019
Well.....you could start with the 36-year-old 'talisman' becoming 38, and the 33-year-old lone striker becoming 35.
Then there was the promise of achievement in the Eredivisie being transfered over to the Premiership failing in reality, as the Dutch-based 'stars' shine wore off to reveal base metal.
The fans who visited from Oop North have seen the shiny new edifice a few times, and having soaked up the magnificence of the turn-around in the club's playing home, now realise that the 7000 hardcore from Withdean, have been supplemented by 23000 comfy bourgeoisie who have affection for, but no real memories or deep immersion - the good news is local kids are getting there. We now see fewer of them wearing the tat of Man Ure, Arse smell, or the Man Shitty, for instance.
The crowd element could lift an average team to 'good' status if they were able to summon up a repertoire of songs and shared humour, 'we' need to address that.
TB has invested deeply, but I reckon that a few bob in prizes for groups inventive enough to get youtube club songs out on the kops would transform the 'customer experience' and help put the likes of the 2000 taffies in their place - so that they may take more fretful memories away with them.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
We are identical to pulis stoke except instead of hoofing it over halfway line we pass it out before halfway line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

You're right, who really gives a toss what others think about OUR club.
Just because we dont fit into the 'MOTD-jug ears-PL-TalkSh!te' criteria of football.
As you've already mentioned, we are that cheeky south coast club that dared to get promoted to the PL, which nobody gave a rea chance if survival.
If we do stay up this season and have a managerial change, then it'll give those pundit cretins more time to come up with extra bollox.
All in my opinion of course :thumbsup:

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
If you become concerned about what others think of you, you will be going nowhere. There will always be somebody to have a go at you if they think they can have an effect. The solution is to do your own thing and ignore others. They will soon move onto somebody else.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
Humphrey has always hated us. He is a sub-standard presenter who looks like a basta*d and is.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here