Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Who would want to play for Brighton?

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Seems the media have turned on us as a poor boring side, must other fans think we are poor, we must be favourites to get relegated next season if we stay up and the crowd want most players to leave and get heard booing them off. Oh and no certainty who the manager will be. Good luck recruitment people???

:fishing:

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The managerial uncertainty is probably the only way the recruiters will be able to get a deal over the line.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Any half decent player looking at how we setup will run a mile if our recruiting team make contact

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Any half decent player looking at how we setup will run a mile if our recruiting team make contact

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unless of course they happen to be a free scoring forward who's always been jealous of the back-up full backs.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
The solution, if we stay up, is to thank Chris for his incredible achievements at the end of the season; and get someone in with fresh ideas and ideally considerable contacts in the game in an attempt to try and reinvigorate the club.

I honestly believe Southampton would have gone down if they had stuck with Hughes this season, but they brought someone new in with fresh tactics and enthusiasm and have ended up staying up with a bit in hand.

Obviously the playing squad needs a fair bit of investment but if you get an ambitious and forward thinking manager in early, do you not think most players would jump at the chance to play for us in the Premier League?

I'm aware of the 'be careful what you wish for' argument with regards to Hughton as he would probably have top Championship clubs queuing up for him if we were to let him go, and he could very feasibly get a side promoted from that league whilst we go in the other direction, but I feel it may be time for a shake up otherwise, if we stay up, I fear we would be sleepwalking into relegation with a woeful first half of next season and I haven't seen any evidence to suggest otherwise recently.

Commander

NSC Patreon
Apr 28, 2004
London
I can’t see why any attacking player would want to join us at the moment. The midfielders are barely allowed to attack, and the strikers get no service. It’s an awful team to play in if you’re an attacker.

el punal

Seems the media have turned on us as a poor boring side, must other fans think we are poor, we must be favourites to get relegated next season if we stay up and the crowd want most players to leave and get heard booing them off. Oh and no certainty who the manager will be. Good luck recruitment people???

Eaten all your Easter eggs?

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

I'm gonna stick my neck out and say that a lot (probably the vast majority) of players won't give a rat's ass about any of that if they are getting a PL player's wage – even if it is for one season.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
Luckily our players, when weighing up whether to sign or not will be considering a bunch of factors ( ££, location, facilities, squad) including hearing from the existing players about Hughton and his reputation - but probably not reading NSC - here's a typical but not unusual comment by Yves Bissouma.

"In my short career he is the best manager I’ve had. He’s a man who helps me understand things on a daily basis and never stops exploring ways for me to get better, not just in football but in life. He’s not just a coach, he’s like another father to me. When I first arrived there were some complications with my family getting visas and he went to fight for me. And when my wife and I had our first child, he sent a present and card to our house. And there are so many other things he’s done to help me. He’s very different to other managers I’ve had. They have all been good but he is great.”

"https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/apr/04/brighton-yves-bissouma-hard-to-leave-my-parents

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The solution, if we stay up, is to thank Chris for his incredible achievements at the end of the season; and get someone in with fresh ideas and ideally considerable contacts in the game in an attempt to try and reinvigorate the club.

I honestly believe Southampton would have gone down if they had stuck with Hughes this season, but they brought someone new in with fresh tactics and enthusiasm and have ended up staying up with a bit in hand.
More enthusiasm than Mark Hughes - shirley not. :lol:

Obviously the playing squad needs a fair bit of investment but if you get an ambitious and forward thinking manager in early, do you not think most players would jump at the chance to play for us in the Premier League?
It probably does as standing still in this division is obviously going backwards at a pretty fast rate.
That said though I'd still like to see our current 'failures' be given the opportunity to fail on their own terms as opposed to failing as full-backs.
I'm aware of the 'be careful what you wish for' argument with regards to Hughton as he would probably have top Championship clubs queuing up for him if we were to let him go, and he could very feasibly get a side promoted from that league whilst we go in the other direction, but I feel it may be time for a shake up otherwise, if we stay up, I fear we would be sleepwalking into relegation with a woeful first half of next season and I haven't seen any evidence to suggest otherwise recently.

Bang on

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Really? Seems the recruitment team struggled last year and the ship seems in worse shape this season, there are alot easier fishing trips which I could have taken the option on. This was a valid point considering recruitment is the elephant in the room atm.

I didnt know elephants used cash machines :D

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Oh I see the Albion got a valuable point and goal yesterday. :whistle: :lolol:

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
The performance of the second half yesterday shows we are capable of competing with 10-13 of the sides in this league. We've had a really bad run of form which has knocked our confidence but we have started the season as a relegation favourite so in a lot of ways we're finishing whereabouts as expected.

Cardiff and Fulham both signed players in January when they looked like they would be relegated, many players will see us as 1 side of about 6 or 7 who will be fighting to stay up and our recruitment will be tricky

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Luckily our players, when weighing up whether to sign or not will be considering a bunch of factors ( ££, location, facilities, squad) including hearing from the existing players about Hughton and his reputation - but probably not reading NSC - here's a typical but not unusual comment by Yves Bissouma.

"In my short career he is the best manager I’ve had. He’s a man who helps me understand things on a daily basis and never stops exploring ways for me to get better, not just in football but in life. He’s not just a coach, he’s like another father to me. When I first arrived there were some complications with my family getting visas and he went to fight for me. And when my wife and I had our first child, he sent a present and card to our house. And there are so many other things he’s done to help me. He’s very different to other managers I’ve had. They have all been good but he is great.”

"https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/apr/04/brighton-yves-bissouma-hard-to-leave-my-parents

Being a nice guy doesn't mean that you are a football manager fit for the top level.

Football is a business at the end of the day, and I think if TB fears we'll go from making a profit and paying for the stadium each season as opposed to forking our £8m a season to keep our heads above water he will make a decision.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
Being a nice guy doesn't mean that you are a football manager fit for the top level.

It actually says that (according to Bissouma) that he's a "great" football coach, and he's developed him as a player. Also do you think caring and helping the players off the pitch is also not part, in fact a key part, of being top level football coach. ?

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
Football is a business at the end of the day, and I think if TB fears we'll go from making a profit and paying for the stadium each season as opposed to forking our £8m a season to keep our heads above water he will make a decision.

Ha ! Football is not a business at the end of the day. Tony Bloom has given this club £320m + because he supports it.
Will he sack Hughton this summer , assuming we're safe - not a chance .

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here