Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] North Stand boo boys

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
I know the North Stand think their opinions are all that matter because they do most of the chanting, and they have a right to an opinion, but they they don't speak for me with their half time booing. The last match and today's match against Newcastle, they tried to boo the players off and were drowned out by at least the West Stand cheering the players off to try and encourage them. I was amongst many who stood up at half time specifically to encourage the players and try to minimise the impact of the boos. I'll never boo my team. Interestingly, I thought the team were a little less responsive to the North Stand than usual and actually acknowledged the West Stand a bit more as I and others stayed to applaud them off at the end.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I think you'll find they were cheering Dan Boooo-urn.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I don't like booing at half time. At the end of a poor game it's fair enough, but at half time, there's still time to pick up the game.

I disagree about the players as both Knocky & Murray were encouraging the north to keep up the support when we were attacking in the second half.
All the players applauded the north at the end of the game, with Maty donating his shirt.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Fans had every right to boo that disgraceful first half. The boos were more aimed at Hughton i guess.

Tesco in Disguise

Where do we go from here?
Jul 5, 2003
Wienerville
Agreed. No player is going to react positively from that. To be honest I don't like booing Albion players at any time - it would have be something outrageous.

Boston28

Feb 7, 2014
I know the North Stand think their opinions are all that matter because they do most of the chanting, and they have a right to an opinion, but they they don't speak for me with their half time booing. The last match and today's match against Newcastle, they tried to boo the players off and were drowned out by at least the West Stand cheering the players off to try and encourage them. I was amongst many who stood up at half time specifically to encourage the players and try to minimise the impact of the boos. I'll never boo my team. Interestingly, I thought the team were a little less responsive to the North Stand than usual and actually acknowledged the West Stand a bit more as I and others stayed to applaud them off at the end.

You getting vertigo up there on your high horse? Not sure if cheering a team off after that first half performance achieves anything either.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
It seemed to work though..

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
The commentators even said they were expecting boos, and when they came, they said they were deserved. That half was absolutely awful, and I understand why the team were booed

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea

Yes when Gross scored they ignored the NS and ran straight to the wonderful WS

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Only a complete fruitloop would have applauded that lazy clueless bunch of non footballing clowns off at half time, but I suspect this must be a wind up thread eh! Arrrrrrrggggggh you got me.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I have not and will not ever boo the team.

However at half time today, I cn understand why others would.
This time there was little in the way of the boos being drowned out. Which says it all really.

The second half was a totally different experience.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Ahh another I’m a better fan than you thread.
Sorry saw people in all stands booing followed by people clapping
Is it right to boo at HT? Not really but it was a shit first half I can understand it
Did it have the desired affect? Who knows but the 2nd half was definitely better than the 1st ( some maybe down to the fact hughton did his job and out thought RB having been truly spanked in the opening 45mins)

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Wasn't just the NS. There were plenty in the WS also booing at HT and loads in the NS started clapping at HT after the booing to say they disagreed with it.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
It does make me laugh how upset people get about booing. In many countries they’d pelt them with stones, lighters, coins, flares etc. A bit of booing really shouldn’t affect a professional footballer too much.

I don’t like booing at half time, it’s counter-productive. But I think it’s absolutely fair enough at full-time if they have been particularly bad, although I rarely do it myself.

Whatever happened to “What a load of rubbish”? We should bring that back.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Fans had every right to boo that disgraceful first half. The boos were more aimed at Hughton i guess.

Really, you really think that’s how the players would have heard it?

Just admit it, the morons were booing the players performance. Chants of “you don’t know what you’re doing” are normally aimed at errant managers (and crap refs)...

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
It does make me laugh how upset people get about booing. In many countries they’d pelt them with stones, lighters, coins, flares etc. A bit of booing really shouldn’t affect a professional footballer too much.

I don’t like booing at half time, it’s counter-productive. But I think it’s absolutely fair enough at full-time if they have been particularly bad, although I rarely do it myself.

Whatever happened to “What a load of rubbish”? We should bring that back.

Ha ha, yes a very good question! You’re right about other countries too. Remember in Italy a top team like Florentina were ‘visited’ at their Training Ground by Fan leaders - and made to sit and listen. Security were too scarred to turn them away. Imagine that happening here?!! Is it time to send in the Albion Roar or NSK? punish:

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Really, you really think that’s how the players would have heard it?

Just admit it, the morons were booing the players performance. Chants of “you don’t know what you’re doing” are normally aimed at errant managers (and crap refs)...

You don’t know, it might just have had the desired effect - we scored after all. But I really think it’s no big deal if fans did, rather extreme circumstances what with it being the worst attacking side in 119 years and we were going down without so much as a whimper.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I don't like booing at half time. At the end of a poor game it's fair enough, but at half time, there's still time to pick up the game.

I disagree about the players as both Knocky & Murray were encouraging the north to keep up the support when we were attacking in the second half.
All the players applauded the north at the end of the game, with Maty donating his shirt.

Booing the players is totally pointless at any time, either at half time, or at the end of the game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here