Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Macclesfield Town & Sol Campbell.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Yes i go along with others,and MTFC under S/C have a real fighting chance off holding their league status. Three time player/staff payments have been at least a month overdue and with gates hovering 2,000 (whilst 'real' football fan's make the Pilgrimage to the SKY T/V choosen few) Lower League football,just love it. Real People.:clap2:

peterward

NSC Patreon
Nov 11, 2009
Yes i go along with others,and MTFC under S/C have a real fighting chance off holding their league status. Three time player/staff payments have been at least a month overdue and with gates hovering 2,000 (whilst 'real' football fan's make the Pilgrimage to the SKY T/V choosen few) Lower League football,just love it. Real People.:clap2:

Good result away at Vale, was following the bottom 3's results today and with Yeovil 2 up at Northampton, Notts county 1 up and Macc 0-0 all were on 41 points with Yeovil best GD, then it all changed with your goal and Yeovil throwing away the 2 goal lead! will be some feat...... Andy Cole is the attacking coach?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
In fairness I'll hold my hands up and admit he did a fine job there. I thought that oddball would be a complete disaster, but he steered them to safety against the odds last season, and they've made a decent enough start this season, with a 3-0 win over Orient and a cup win at Blackpool, so he's proved a lot of people wrong, me included.

Can't blame him for walking if the club is financially banjo'd. Apparently several of the players have applied for winding up orders over unpaid wages. It'll be interesting to see what opportunities he gets, now that he has a little bit of a decent track record behind him. I doubt it'll be anything above the noddy leagues still though.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
It'll be interesting to see what opportunities he gets, now that he has a little bit of a decent track record behind him. I doubt it'll be anything above the noddy leagues still though.

Could easily see him taking over a struggling Championship side sometime this season. He got a weird ass personality and says some dumb shit, but no-one has ever questioned him as a big leader with a great understanding of football. He'll get a chance somewhere.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patreon
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
How long before "kick it out" start seeing things which are not there

Interesting, not quite as quick as it took you to reach the conclusion that there is nothing to see here.

I actually have no idea and no axe to grind here. However you are accusing others of jumping to conclusions, when you yourself are making a massive leap.

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
In fairness I'll hold my hands up and admit he did a fine job there. I thought that oddball would be a complete disaster, but he steered them to safety against the odds last season, and they've made a decent enough start this season, with a 3-0 win over Orient and a cup win at Blackpool, so he's proved a lot of people wrong, me included.

Can't blame him for walking if the club is financially banjo'd. Apparently several of the players have applied for winding up orders over unpaid wages. It'll be interesting to see what opportunities he gets, now that he has a little bit of a decent track record behind him. I doubt it'll be anything above the noddy leagues still though.

All this.
You have to respect him, he took on a very difficult job, the only one on offer, and did it well.
Given he now has experience at the highest level of the game, qualifications and a bit of a track record of successful management, you'd assume he'd be offered chances at a higher level.
If not then it will be legitimate to ask why. You might argue that it's because he's a bit of a ****, but Joey Barton went straight in to a League 1 job...

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Could easily see him taking over a struggling Championship side sometime this season. He got a weird ass personality and says some dumb shit, but no-one has ever questioned him as a big leader with a great understanding of football. He'll get a chance somewhere.

Well, he now has some "firefighting" credentials, so maybe. I'd still be surprised if he gets a Championship club though. I still get the impression his oddball rep might still hold him back, he's a very chippy character. But I was totally wrong about how he'd get on at Macc, so what do I know.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Sad to see him leave and there will many others,yet when you read/hear of what's been going on behind the scenes it was only a question of time this would happen. Those unpaid players were paid this before it went to court i believe but there is still another winding-up order in place. Quite simply most of the fans want Amar the owner out ASAP if you know the lay-out of Moss Rose the London Road terrace and seats is season ticket holders only at the moment due to fans giving Amar plenty of verbals. The bar on the far corner near the home terrace is now due the the volunteer staff walking out and this is just a few things that the fans have to put up with. It was said that if last season Macclesfield had drawn the TV camaras to the Moss Rose the game would not go ahead as two of the four floodlights had more bulbs out than on thats a fact !!

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
Fair play to him, I reckon his period as manager there has led a lot of people to reassess their opinions of him. Hope he gets another chance a little higher up the ladder.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2018

Sol Campbell’s Uddersfield

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield

Yes. I also ate some humble pie re the job he did there last season.

Fair play to him. Although I still think he's a dick.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here