Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Favourites to go down next season...

goldstoneseagull

Aug 9, 2017
Likely favourites to go down next year in the event we do stay up.

Call me negative on a day like today but people would have a different view of the result had Cardiff got something.

Something must fundamentally change ie manager switch for mentality or we probably risk a repeat of 2019 form continued come August...

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
So, as yet we’re not favourites to go down, next season then.

Wake me up when we are.

Oh, and by the way,

You’re negative.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Enjoy the comeback and the fact Cardiff have to beat Palace and Man Utd to have a prayer of survival. Next season is a world away.

stewart_weir

Mar 19, 2017

Call me negative on a day like today but people would have a different view of the result had Cardiff got something.

Something must fundamentally change ie manager switch for mentality or we probably risk a repeat of 2019 form continued come August...

That wont be decided until at least July. If Zaha goes from Palace, if Benetiz goes from Newcastle!

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
We were amongst the favourites to go down this season, and we were odds on at the beginning of last season.

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
The OP is correct though, we'll be the bookies favourite to go down. Probably about equal with Sheffield Utd.

Ridiculous, no one knows what our full squad or management team will even look like next season, or anyone else's. If Palace lose Zaha and Wan-Bissaka and Wolves lose a player or two, or Watford...

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
And if Villa get promoted?

I’d still make us favourites to finish ahead of Villa, despite their unbelievable run.

Do they still have a transfer embargo? Regardless I think any club coming up this year will struggle. No one has truly been dominant in the Championship and for that reason alone no one is going to do a Wolves.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
For gawd's sake - the odds will be different after the transfer window - better or worse - depending on what we - and other teams - get in. FFS wait until this season is over before moaning about the next one!

twickers

Jul 17, 2003

Cheer up Eeyore. How much will you be betting on it by the way?

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Sheff Utd will be favourites, then probably Norwich followed by us. However if Derby win the play-offs they’ll probably jump to the top of the favourites, if it’s any of the other 3 they’ll be longer odds than us.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I’d still make us favourites to finish ahead of Villa, despite their unbelievable run.

Do they still have a transfer embargo? Regardless I think any club coming up this year will struggle. No one has truly been dominant in the Championship and for that reason alone no one is going to do a Wolves.

A quick look online, Villa’s embargo was lifted and it was only ever an EFL ban.

They’re the sort of club like Palace, Everton, Everton and West Ham who’ll spend huge to secure mid table.

peterward

NSC Patreon
Nov 11, 2009

couldn't give a rats ass about bookies odds.... but whether we are in reality will depend on if Bloom sticks or twists. BIG SUMMER ahead

Boston28

Feb 7, 2014

By do a wolves do you mean cheat?

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Bit early to think we'll be nailed on favourites to go down next season (assuming we survive this one) although I'm praying already we don't become the Huddersfield of next season. Fingers crossed some of the summer's recruitment might actually work and I suspect a new manager will at least get us trying to play in a more attack minded way. Let's survive though this season first.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
The two already promoted are highly likely to be the favourites. Curiously, whichever side makes it up through the playoffs may be better fancied.

So, it’s quite conceivable that we could be third favourite for the drop.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here