Izquierdo 4 (Knockaert 66min, 6)
Andone 4 (March HT, 6),
Murray 6

No MOTM in my opinion...

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Surprised a bit at the generally high marks for Bernardo. He's rapid which allowed him to recover a couple of times but he was so often out of position. He catches the eye going forward but needs to improve. Sure he will.

Utterly baffled by the selection and formation in the first half. Wtf was Hughton thinking?

Solly MOTM by a distance.

Sent from my H8314 using Tapatalk

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
First half the entire team looked out of shape Gross looked lost and out of position, Kayal injured hamstring really early and should have come of then as he was pretty much a passenger from then on, Izzy what on earth was he starting the game if he's unfit and needs an operation, Bruno still the best right back at the club I really do hope we have cloned his DNA, Bernardo along with Bruno the only bright bits for Brighton first half.

Second half Solly, AK and Bossuma brought much need pace and energy my MOM was Bruno he is so classy and even got away with a penalty appeal now that's real class

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
Ryan - 6 - Actually nothing to do.
Bruno - 6 - His experience was important. He is the main reason I’m bothering to go to the City game. Deserves the ovation he will get.
Duffy - 4 - Worst game of the season from Shane. Terrible passing, WTF was that attempted tackle in the first half on the edge of our box? Heading also awful by his standards.
Dunk - 7 - An absolutely leader. Pushed us up 2nd half.
Bernardo - 6 - Very good player but made mistakes today. Will get better though and I think we might struggle to keep him after next season.
Gross - 6 - Made up of a 4 and an 8 each half. If anyone wants proof of the foolish tactics and formation ala CH then watch these 2 halves. An absolute mystery that when played as a wide right in the FH he was woeful, then as a no 10 in the SH he looks composed, dangerous, effects the game, oh and scores. Jesus wept.
Kayal - 5 - I can see why he doesn’t force his way in, he’s a bit lazy. Hardly did anything and Bissouma was a breath of fresh air. Sadly probably just his played his last game for us.
Stephens - 6 - same as Gross a 4 and an 8. He CAN DO IT. It’s the tactics FFS.
Izzy - 3 - Awful. I’d sell him if anyone would take him, there’s MILES better out there.
Andone - 6 - The one player who looked to have a spark in the first half, has to cut these yellows out though as they are going to cost him any chance of nailing down a regular start.
Murray - 7- Should have been an 8 Glenn FFS! Never stopped running to be fair, looked reborn with Gross playing off him again 2nd half.

March - 8 - MOTM. Superb. Newcastle could not cope with him. We will not keep him much longer. If Hughton continues to fail to start him then he should lose his job on that fact alone.
Bissouma - 7 - Huge upgrade on Kayal. He is so POSITIVE and it’s infectious to others. If he would be allowed to run beyond the striker he would be a real threat.
Knockaert - 7 - Annoyed me that this meant March had to go left. Did well though.

CH - 4 - It was a zero for the first half debacle. He lost me a bit today.

Mostly agree with this. Duffy’s attempts to run into midfield then lose the ball have to be stopped.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Ryan 6

Bruno 6
Dunk 6
Duffy 5
Bernardo 9

Izquierdo 4
Gross 5
Stephens 6
Kayal 5
Andone 4

Murray 5

March 8
Knockaert 7
Bissouma 6

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Ryan - 6
Bruno - 7
Bernardo - 8
Dunk - 6
Duffy - 7 Seemed one of the few to be really angry at the first half showing. Maybe he should be captain?
Izquierdo - 2 Absolute shocker contributed zilch.
Stephens - 6 Why was he so much better 2nd half?
Kayal - 4 - Should have gone off as soon as he was injured. Not sure who is to blame.
Gross - 6 - Why was he so much better 2nd half?
Andone - 4 I thought he was going to be our first choice striker a while ago. TBF he was played out of position (No idea why. I was quite excited to see Murray and Andone starting but not as a one upfront with a wide player) Have serious concerns about his discipline or lack of. Could be a real star or a liability.
Murray - 4 - even his touch is deserting him

March - 8 Game changer
Bissouma - 6
Knockaert - 6

Sue1983

Aug 15, 2018
Ryan - 6
Bruno - 7 class
Bernardo - 7 bright
Dunk - 6 ok
Duffy - 6 please stop the hoofing
Izquierdo - 4 terrible
Stephens - 5 at heart of everything bad we do
Kayal - 5 a big hero of mine but not at races
Gross - 5 - a limited player in decline
Andone - 6 our best threat in first half
Murray - 5 - legs gone, surviving on muscle memory

March - 8 excellent
Bissouma - 7 our best midfielder now
Knockaert - 7 same class as Bruno

Hughton 5 screwed up selection again

Mostly this!

Dunk 7 one of our better players

Duffy 6 his passing forward was iffy at best

Si Gull

Way Down South
Mar 18, 2008
On top of the world
Why so many 6s for Ryan. He had no chance with their goal and his excellent interception stopped us going 0-2. It's not his fault he didn't have much else to do..... distribution still a bit flakey but for me 8.

cbhafc

Oct 10, 2018
Hangleton
Ryan - 6.5
Bruno - 7
Duffy - 6.5
Dunk - 7
Bernardo - 8
Gross - 7
Stephens - 7
Kayal - 6
Izquierdo - 4
Andone - 5
Murray - 7
March - 8.5 (MOTM)
Bissouma - 7
Knockaert - 7
CH - 5

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
My thought at half time was that the left side was generally poor and was suggesting bringing on Bong at left back and moving Bernardo to defensive left midfield. as both Izquierdo and Kayal were poor, whether it be due to injuries or not.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
Ryan - 6 - Actually nothing to do.
Bruno - 6 - His experience was important. He is the main reason I’m bothering to go to the City game. Deserves the ovation he will get.
Duffy - 4 - Worst game of the season from Shane. Terrible passing, WTF was that attempted tackle in the first half on the edge of our box? Heading also awful by his standards.
Dunk - 7 - An absolutely leader. Pushed us up 2nd half.
Bernardo - 6 - Very good player but made mistakes today. Will get better though and I think we might struggle to keep him after next season.
Gross - 6 - Made up of a 4 and an 8 each half. If anyone wants proof of the foolish tactics and formation ala CH then watch these 2 halves. An absolute mystery that when played as a wide right in the FH he was woeful, then as a no 10 in the SH he looks composed, dangerous, effects the game, oh and scores. Jesus wept.
Kayal - 5 - I can see why he doesn’t force his way in, he’s a bit lazy. Hardly did anything and Bissouma was a breath of fresh air. Sadly probably just his played his last game for us.
Stephens - 6 - same as Gross a 4 and an 8. He CAN DO IT. It’s the tactics FFS.
Izzy - 3 - Awful. I’d sell him if anyone would take him, there’s MILES better out there.
Andone - 6 - The one player who looked to have a spark in the first half, has to cut these yellows out though as they are going to cost him any chance of nailing down a regular start.
Murray - 7- Should have been an 8 Glenn FFS! Never stopped running to be fair, looked reborn with Gross playing off him again 2nd half.

March - 8 - MOTM. Superb. Newcastle could not cope with him. We will not keep him much longer. If Hughton continues to fail to start him then he should lose his job on that fact alone.
Bissouma - 7 - Huge upgrade on Kayal. He is so POSITIVE and it’s infectious to others. If he would be allowed to run beyond the striker he would be a real threat.
Knockaert - 7 - Annoyed me that this meant March had to go left. Did well though.

CH - 4 - It was a zero for the first half debacle. He lost me a bit today.

This although I’d have both full backs at 7s. I think you’ve been generous to Kayal too who, next to Izquierdo, was equally ineffective.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here