Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Players' Goal Celebration

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Celebrating the goal was absolutely mental in the stands but given its importance, the time since a last one and the scenes in the stand I would have expected the full on 11 man pile with Ryan running the length of the pitch. Instead no one else except Murray and Gross joined in from what I could see.

Not very #together eh?

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
Most wanted to get back in position and push on for the win.

Thread closed.

Tesco in Disguise

Where do we go from here?
Jul 5, 2003
Wienerville
Yeah, I thought the same. I assumed it felt more like relief than elation.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Yeah I think it was very much a job half done let’s go and win it THEN celebrate.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
So glad they kept themselves in check and didn’t celebrate like they’d won the World Cup.
Would have been as embarrassing as the great escape music being played at the end of last season.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Well, we would have looked a bit stupid if all the players went ballistic and then Newcastle went on to score. Also, only drawing obviously means Cardiff still have a chance of overhauling our points total so it would be a huge egg on face moment at the end of the season if we'd celebrated like we are staying up then Cardiff go on to win their last two games.

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
I was going to start a thread on this too. There may well have been some embarrassment and refocusing on their position but I thought it was a bit odd and worrying. All is not well in the camp I think and most of that probably stems from poor performances and rock bottom confidence. Gross and Murray celebrated together, March gave a fist pump, Dunk ( maybe Duffy too) walked up but apart from that saw nothing from Knockhart, Stephens, Bissouma, the full backs or Ryan.

During the game you saw Duffy go mental when we failed to cross it but he's gone back to attacking headers like he did last year. At one point in the second half Murray had a clear first time pass to Knockhart out wide but chose to go back (really looked like Murray simply didn't want to pass to him) and AK threw his arms up. Suppose they've always been like this but just one of many things that didn't seem right compared to the spirit of the last two away games and pre 2019. Seems like everyone else here is 'nothing to see here' though so that's good.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I was going to start a thread on this too. There may well have been some embarrassment and refocusing on their position but I thought it was a bit odd and worrying. All is not well in the camp I think and most of that probably stems from poor performances and rock bottom confidence. Gross and Murray celebrated together, March gave a fist pump, Dunk ( maybe Duffy too) walked up but apart from that saw nothing from Knockhart, Stephens, Bissouma, the full backs or Ryan.

During the game you saw Duffy go mental when we failed to cross it but he's gone back to attacking headers like he did last year. At one point in the second half Murray had a clear first time pass to Knockhart out wide but chose to go back (really looked like Murray simply didn't want to pass to him) and AK threw his arms up. Suppose they've always been like this but just one of many things that didn't seem right compared to the spirit of the last two away games and pre 2019. Seems like everyone else here is 'nothing to see here' though so that's good.

It sounds like you can usually find something to worry about.
Munchkin is right, the equaliser was only a job half done. If we'd got a winner it would've been different.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here