Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] John Shelvey

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Was running the show and the sort of player we crave. Him going off changed the game.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Was running the show and the sort of player we crave. Him going off changed the game.

Stuart Pearce called this one right. When we were going ultra-defensive and dead slow, offering no threat in their area, he was able to stroll round at walking pace and control the game. Once we upped the anti and started taking it to them in the second half, Rafa took him off.

Knows what he's doing, does that Rafa fellow...........

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Stuart Pearce called this one right. When we were going ultra-defensive and dead slow, offering no threat in their area, he was able to stroll round at walking pace and control the game. Once we upped the anti and started taking it to them in the second half, Rafa took him off.

Knows what he's doing, does that Rafa fellow...........
Think it's more to do with tiredness as he hasn't played much football lately

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
At best he was ordinary.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2018
A quality CM who not for the first time, ran a game of football at the Amex. Always seems to be in the right place and instinctively passes forward with success.

Rate him and I’ve heard unsettled up North and wants to return to the south.

Contracted to summer 2021 but I reckon could get him for 18m

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
Seemed like every one of his passes went to Newcastle players in good positions. We have no one with that ability.

Stephens?

For a couple of seasons people have been stroking his balls - his lack of pace & pondering on the ball & inability to make an attacking pass is finally being realised

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
A quality CM who not for the first time, ran a game of football at the Amex. Always seems to be in the right place and instinctively passes forward with success.

He was given the freedom of the city in the first half. Will always look good given that ludicrous amount of time and space.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
He didn't have to do feck all, then did feck all.

I was considerably happier when their number 30 was subbed off.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

This. Whether he had time or not, he controlled the game for 45 minutes. Got the ball deep and made the right decisions.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here