Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Can the season ticket renewal date be changed

el punal

They might well do. Whether they'd very quickly regret our recent and current level of football is another matter entirely

Of course. Mine was a glass half full comment. Firstly, I think (I hope!) that with yesterday’s draw and Cardiff’s defeat we may have staved off relegation. Secondly, and quite rightly criticised - apart from our defensive braveries against Wolves and Spurs - our recent performances have been woeful and need to change pretty pronto.

That said, I reckon there will be a major sea change in the way we play next season. What has been on offer for the second half of the season has been unacceptable to even the most fervent and optimistic Albion fan. I would imagine Tony Bloom and the rest of the club management recognise this and will address it accordingly. So, with second season syndrome and relegation threat out of the way (again hopefully!) we can start to be more positive for next term. How this will pan out and with who in charge remains pure speculation.

As for regrets? Football, like life, is always changing. My glass half full optimism says it will be for the better. :drink:

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
Of course. Mine was a glass half full comment. Firstly, I think (I hope!) that with yesterday’s draw and Cardiff’s defeat we may have staved off relegation. Secondly, and quite rightly criticised - apart from our defensive braveries against Wolves and Spurs - our recent performances have been woeful and need to change pretty pronto.

That said, I reckon there will be a major sea change in the way we play next season. What has been on offer for the second half of the season has been unacceptable to even the most fervent and optimistic Albion fan. I would imagine Tony Bloom and the rest of the club management recognise this and will address it accordingly. So, with second season syndrome and relegation threat out of the way (again hopefully!) we can start to be more positive for next term. How this will pan out and with who in charge remains pure speculation.

As for regrets? Football, like life, is always changing. My glass half full optimism says it will be for the better. :drink:

Well said.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Anyone that has watched the last four or five home games have been robbed I don’t know of many fans that are looking forward to watching another season of this shite

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No one is being robbed, the team are simply going through a very bad spell of form at the moment. Who says next season won't be any better? If you buy a season ticket you have to expect bad just as well as good.

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
Not renewing never occurs to me. After 28 years of having a season ticket I can’t imagine not having one. However if Hughton is in charge next season I might seriously consider not going away to the big 6. It’s £180 worth of tickets, at least £90 of rail fares (I live in London so cheaper for me than it is for others) and almost certainly no goals and no points.

Can I just say that you probably need to be more of an optimist

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Why... idea is to support the club? I’d love a season ticket now I’m 2 hours away on a direct train...

Says the poster who started a thread before the end of the first half of yesterday's game to ask why anyone should want to stick with the current manager?

Yeah, great support, that... :thumbsup:

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
No one is being robbed, the team are simply going through a very bad spell of form at the moment. Who says next season won't be any better? If you buy a season ticket you have to expect bad just as well as good.

Happy ho expect ups and downs but it’s been our worst run regarding scoring goals In our entire history . The football has been dire . Other teams fans , media . X pros all saying the same as well as most of our own . You say bad form I say players not good enough at this level , on the way home on radio Warren was saying this not good enough , locadia and AJ waste of money that’s comming from a player that played for us and watches just like us . Can’t keep making excuses about “bad form “ . Wasn’t until he changed at half time that we started to play what possessed him to start like that in the first place , some of hughton decisions of late have been baffling at best

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SollysLeftFoot

Mar 17, 2019
Bitchin' in Hitchin
Says the poster who started a thread before the end of the first half of yesterday's game to ask why anyone should want to stick with the current manager?

Yeah, great support, that... :thumbsup:

Ah, yes. Criticism is completely banned. One cannot support the club without supporting the manager :ffsparr: yeah, great logic, that.. more telling that you clearly found that first half acceptable..

Mostly agree with that. With one important exception - there is a big connection between these so called defensive braveries (ie. Not playing any football) and how badly we play when we do have to attack teams at our level. You cant coach negativity into our players in the big games and not expect it to affect how they play in all games.
Unless Hughton can overcome that dilemma he's a dead cert to be sacked next season. But there is a strong chance with better players he will play more positive football so I remain also glass half full albeit we have been lucky to stay up this season (if as likely Cardiff cant do the miracle)

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

el punal

Mostly agree with that. With one important exception - there is a big connection between these so called defensive braveries (ie. Not playing any football) and how badly we play when we do have to attack teams at our level. You cant coach negativity into our players in the big games and not expect it to affect how they play in all games.
Unless Hughton can overcome that dilemma he's a dead cert to be sacked next season. But there is a strong chance with better players he will play more positive football so I remain also glass half full albeit we have been lucky to stay up this season (if as likely Cardiff cant do the miracle)

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

I’ll go along with that. IF we stay up we cannot rely on three teams being worse than us each season. It is us that need to improve and in all areas. Our defensive strengths have got us out of tricky situations but even the defence went missing for those horrible games at home to Southampton, Bournemouth and Cardiff.

We’ve been in this situation before, albeit in the Championship, when Chris Hughton took over we scored ONE goal in the last eight games of the season, 2014/15. The following two seasons we became one of the most prolific scoring sides in the league. Let’s hope that scenario can be repeated.

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

I’ll go along with that. IF we stay up we cannot rely on three teams being worse than us each season. It is us that need to improve and in all areas. Our defensive strengths have got us out of tricky situations but even the defence went missing for those horrible games at home to Southampton, Bournemouth and Cardiff.

We’ve been in this situation before, albeit in the Championship, when Chris Hughton took over we scored ONE goal in the last eight games of the season, 2014/15. The following two seasons we became one of the most prolific scoring sides in the league. Let’s hope that scenario can be repeated.

I agree with you.. but does the side that finish in the last "safe" spot always rely on 3 teams being worse than them? I do wonder if our season had been reversed , we started so poorly, strugled to the New Year, and then amassed the points we did in the first half of the season would we be shouting "progression" "spirit" "deserve to stay up" ?

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Ah, yes. Criticism is completely banned. One cannot support the club without supporting the manager :ffsparr: yeah, great logic, that.. more telling that you clearly found that first half acceptable..

Yeah, because I DEFINITELY wrote that! FFS, if you're saying one minute that you want to support the club, can you not see just the SLIGHTEST bit of hypocrisy of wanting the manager out before the end of the first half of a game? A game in which – up against it because the system he went for wasn't working – changed things around and managed to salvage a goal...

To me, supporting the club IS supporting the manager because, as it stands, the club is supporting the manager!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here