Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Medical team

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
So what do they watch?
Kayal tweaked hamstring 15 minutes in. Finally gets subbed on 50 minutes. Could have cost us Premier League status, the player won’t admit he’s injured so where is our manager, coaches and medical team?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
I was amazed to see Kayal come back out after half time.

Genuinely baffled how our manager and medical team managed to ignore the fact he was unable to carry on when he hurt his hamstring.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I was amazed to see Kayal come back out after half time.

Genuinely baffled how our manager and medical team managed to ignore the fact he was unable to carry on when he hurt his hamstring.

Manager/Medical team - "How is it"?
Player - Just a twinge, I should be okay.

Basically, Kayal is 100% at fault for this and should have come off for the good of his team.

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
Manager/Medical team - "How is it"?
Player - Just a twinge, I should be okay.

Basically, Kayal is 100% at fault for this and should have come off for the good of his team.

Disagree. Was quite obvious he was struggling, decision should have been taken out of his hands.

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
I hope he was injured the whole game because I thought he was absolutely pathetic. He also wasn't running which is something that has never been levelled at him as he closes down opponents a lot.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
So what do they watch?
Kayal tweaked hamstring 15 minutes in. Finally gets subbed on 50 minutes. Could have cost us Premier League status, the player won’t admit he’s injured so where is our manager, coaches and medical team?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To be fair, l'm sure they know far more than you or l do about these things.

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
Appears fans are picking up on anything to bash the club with.

Miserable bunch.

So you think it’s fine to let an obviously injured player, wander about trying to run off a hamstring injury.
Kayal was immense at Wolves, so didn’t somebody on our bench think, hmm he’s not putting any sprints in, not tackling etc
And he kept holding his hamstring.

For such a huge game, it was amateur from our coaching and medical staff.
And if they did spot it, and CH didn’t take action, then it’s just another poor decision from the touch line.

Sorry - I was Hughton in, but that first half yesterday and the dreadful decision making....

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
To be fair, l'm sure they know far more than you or l do about these things.

Yeah they obviously do, so why was he left on in the most important game of the season. Effectively down to 10 men for most of the first half.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Oh stop it, Perez was clearly injured early in the match and we said at the time it was good as he would be going off soon. Had he been subbed early we might have won the game. Its all ifs and buts

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Oh stop it, Perez was clearly injured early in the match and we said at the time it was good as he would be going off soon. Had he been subbed early we might have won the game. Its all ifs and buts

Yes, and Perez signalled to the bench a couple of times to let him carry on, no different at all. In the end it was that Perez gestured for the change.

You have to trust the player as well.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
So you think it’s fine to let an obviously injured player, wander about trying to run off a hamstring injury.
Kayal was immense at Wolves, so didn’t somebody on our bench think, hmm he’s not putting any sprints in, not tackling etc
And he kept holding his hamstring.

For such a huge game, it was amateur from our coaching and medical staff.
And if they did spot it, and CH didn’t take action, then it’s just another poor decision from the touch line.

Sorry - I was Hughton in, but that first half yesterday and the dreadful decision making....
All in your opinion of course and I trust the medical team do their jobs correctly and would suggest they know better than some fan on an Internet Forum moaning for the sake of moaning.

We took one step closer to survival yesterday, let that sink in and embrace it instead of putting the club down.

Yes mistakes have been made this season but do we have to snipe at every little thing?

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
All in your opinion of course and I trust the medical team do their jobs correctly and would suggest they know better than some fan on an Internet Forum moaning for the sake of moaning.

We took one step closer to survival yesterday, let that sink in and embrace it instead of putting the club down.

Yes mistakes have been made this season but do we have to snipe at every little thing?

Sorry it was a bad yesterday
But I don’t think that was a little thing
Majorceror

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
Sorry it was a bad yesterday
But I don’t think that was a little thing
Majorceror
Bad?

First half maybe but second half we looked like our old self's again and unlucky not to take all 3pts.

Some people are negative and will only take negatives from a situation where as other people are positive and like to take the positives from situation.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Bad?

First half maybe but second half we looked like our old self's again and unlucky not to take all 3pts.

Some people are negative and will only take negatives from a situation where as other people are positive and like to take the positives from situation.

Re - first half, no maybe about it.

Agree with everything else, the second half we looked good.

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
So, Izquierdo is finally ruled out for the season.
He played 90 minutes at Wolves and started vs Newcastle
In that game, Kayal was injured early on and Izquierdo half fit.
No wonder that first half was so poor.

Some strange decisions being taken by the manager and staff

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016

Perez took a bang to his hip, which could be run off. Kayal pulled his hamstring, this can't be run off. Totally different situations.

Unless the player didn't report the true nature of the injury, he should have been substituted.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here