Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Atmosphere today

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Newcastle fans singing “Is this a library?”

The way the team started completely killed any atmosphere that was built before kick-off. Before we scored the equaliser our fans were barely even audible on the TV.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Respect for sticking with a team that stank the stadium and division out in the first half.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Got a bit harsh in the North after we conceded but understandably to an extent. March changed the game and that lifted the crowd massively.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Lee Dixon, the pundit co commentary on NBC said the bleedin obvious in the first half, the ground is a morgue, it was, don't let the second half blind your views.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Lee Dixon, the pundit co commentary on NBC said the bleedin obvious in the first half, the ground is a morgue, it was, don't let the second half blind your views.

Yeah. Why do you think it was a morgue? The fans simply cannot be blamed for that. Start of the game it was buzzing.

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
There was a better atmosphere in the concourse watching Soccer Saturday and awaiting the impending Cardiff defeat than much of the stadium first half.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
I think the crazy free kick routine on the edge of the area we tried rather than having a shot after 5 minutes killed the atmosphere.

It was getting quite hostile in the north first half. Thank god we put in a shift second half, reckon it would've got pretty toxic if that first half horror show had continued

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
The first half was the worst atmosphere I can remember.

You could hear the murmurings of 5,000 conversation rather than any chanting. Reminded me of Stamford bridge until their third.

The second half was different gravy.
Solly changed the mood and dragged the team with him.
I've said it before but when the west Stand get involved it is a hell of a noise.
They started an Albion chant mid way through the second half that was as good as the Sheff Wed playoff.

The players responded to that I have no doubt of that.

Good to see the team remember how to attack.
Significantly better in the 2nd half

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Great at the start, turned to total shit as we had to witness more turgid rubbish before becoming much better again in the second half when we realised we needed to score and were at home.

If we’d shown half of the intent we’d shown in the second half for the rest of this season we wouldn’t be in this mess.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Pretty good considering we didn’t turn up first half. Any thoughts?
Yes, I agree. Some sloppy passing and widespread cluelessness, yet the crowd managed to remain reasonably positive. The alcohol that a 5.30 Saturday kick-off affords probably helped, and I think the crowd helped the team get a point.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I took my boss and his son to their first ever game.

Back in the car I told them, 'well done you've expressed all the Albion emotions in one game'.

Early excitement.
Total silence.
Second half desperation.
Team and fans lifting each other.
Then most amazingly a celebration.

We have entire games where we don't even have half those emotions :lol:

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

You are a cheerful chappie, the second half atmosphere was great once March came on and the team started to actually string a few more moves together.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Getting a bit sick of fans at each others throat's in the North. Fair enough everybody's got their thoughts on the game, the team and the manager. But said it before, say it again, Your Fellow Fan Is Not Your Enemy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here