Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Tony Bloom

2 Not allowed!
    Listening to Sidwell on BTSport after the game yesterday he seemed to hint that Dan Ashworth will be devising a top to bottom approach in terms of formation , tactics & style to give Brighton an identity for all the various squads (first , U23 , U18 & U16) for the future.

It was also said that "could" mean a change in management & philosophy adopted by the coaching staff to achieve. It was suggested Ashworth has so far been reviewing the current situation before action is taken which I suspect means a three way meeting of TB PB & DA to decide on the future direction.

All supposition of course and could have no bearing on reality.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by theboybilly View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      I think Ashworth has been here for about a month in his official capacity but I would suggest that he hasn't been letting the grass grow beneath his feet and has been using his contacts to the Albion's benefit. There will be a fair few players on our radar. It has become increasingly obvious (to me at least) that Izzie, AJ and Andone are below the standard we require and should be sold off. Our defence is decent enough but we need players that will speed up our infuriatingly slow, dull and unimaginitive play. We are an awful side low on confidence and unable to keep possession or string three passes together. I can't honestly think of too many worse Premier League sides since 1992. I go to the vast majority of games and this season can't finish quickly enough and will no doubt fade from the memory because there is nothing but dullness to remember. I want the Albion to hand back the 'Stinking the Premier League out ' trophy back to it's rightful owners Crystal Palace. The football surely can't get any worse than this can it?
      Let’s hope he is as on the ball as he is meant to be.
      We look like we will scrape over the line this year but we have been the worst side to watch for a number of months and any continuation of that will see us relegated
      Defence is ok but we have certainly been caught out by mobility. and pace over recent months. I would suggest a RB is needed. How you find another Bruno is impossible, Montoya for me is a good tackler but lacks any positional sense
      CM needs a complete overhaul
      Winger wise Solly with the right freedom to run take players on looks dangerous especially from the right.
      Jury’s our on the rest to be honest. Knockaert at least looks like he cares.
      Izquierdo locadia and AJ I think 2 need to move along and allows us to bring 2 more suited players in.
      CF well I’d keep Murray and Andone as both offer something but we really need another CF who is going to start most weeks.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Bry Nylon View Post
      Possibly. And I know many of our permanant signings haven't exactly worked out this year for one reason or another, but on principle I hate having loan players.
      I see it as a way to get quality players in without long term financial commitment. The Sky money covers this and you can only have one in PL?
      Not putting it forward as the answer just an option we haven’t exploited like others have.
      On the BHA rollercoaster Icy Gull's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by martin tyler View Post
      We look like we will scrape over the line this year but we have been the worst side to watch for a number of months and any continuation of that will see us relegated
      Defence is ok but we have certainly been caught out by mobility. and pace over recent months. I would suggest a RB is needed. How you find another Bruno is impossible, Montoya for me is a good tackler but lacks any positional sense
      Winger wise Solly with the right freedom to run take players on looks dangerous especially from the right.
      Izquierdo locadia and AJ I think 2 need to move along and allows us to bring 2 more suited players in.
      CF well I’d keep Murray and Andone as both offer something but we really need another CF who is going to start most weeks.
      Best get forwards who already know how to defend as well as they attack or we’ll have to wait until mid season to introduce them to the team.
      Show me a good loser and I will show you a loser - Toto Wolff

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Silk View Post
      Sole destroying? I it gives you problems with your feet?

Sent from my G8341 using Tapatalk
      My spelling was left floundering.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by martin tyler View Post
      Good post, agree with all points.

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Weststander View Post
      My spelling was left floundering.
      Lol

Sent from my G8341 using Tapatalk
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Driver8 View Post
      Other than Gus.
      And Slade

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Winner of 2006 North Stand Chat Grand National Sweepstake

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Weststander View Post
      Good post, agree with all points.
      Really? You can’t just bin half the squad. Jose is quality we know that unfortunately he’s been plagued by injuries this season. AJ still adapting and is historical bad in his first season for all his previous clubs. Locadia has never played really as a striker give him a chance. Would cost millions to replace with no guarantee let them adapt.
      You make me

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Bry Nylon View Post
      Possibly. And I know many of our permanant signings haven't exactly worked out this year for one reason or another, but on principle I hate having loan players.
      This...
      SockMonster Quote: “I agree with BW… I always agree with BW. He is the font of all knowledge.”