Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Tony Bloom

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
I think Ashworth has been here for about a month in his official capacity but I would suggest that he hasn't been letting the grass grow beneath his feet and has been using his contacts to the Albion's benefit. There will be a fair few players on our radar. It has become increasingly obvious (to me at least) that Izzie, AJ and Andone are below the standard we require and should be sold off. Our defence is decent enough but we need players that will speed up our infuriatingly slow, dull and unimaginitive play. We are an awful side low on confidence and unable to keep possession or string three passes together. I can't honestly think of too many worse Premier League sides since 1992. I go to the vast majority of games and this season can't finish quickly enough and will no doubt fade from the memory because there is nothing but dullness to remember. I want the Albion to hand back the 'Stinking the Premier League out ' trophy back to it's rightful owners Crystal Palace. The football surely can't get any worse than this can it?

Let’s hope he is as on the ball as he is meant to be.
We look like we will scrape over the line this year but we have been the worst side to watch for a number of months and any continuation of that will see us relegated
Defence is ok but we have certainly been caught out by mobility. and pace over recent months. I would suggest a RB is needed. How you find another Bruno is impossible, Montoya for me is a good tackler but lacks any positional sense
CM needs a complete overhaul
Winger wise Solly with the right freedom to run take players on looks dangerous especially from the right.
Jury’s our on the rest to be honest. Knockaert at least looks like he cares.
Izquierdo locadia and AJ I think 2 need to move along and allows us to bring 2 more suited players in.
CF well I’d keep Murray and Andone as both offer something but we really need another CF who is going to start most weeks.

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
Possibly. And I know many of our permanant signings haven't exactly worked out this year for one reason or another, but on principle I hate having loan players.

I see it as a way to get quality players in without long term financial commitment. The Sky money covers this and you can only have one in PL?
Not putting it forward as the answer just an option we haven’t exploited like others have.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
We look like we will scrape over the line this year but we have been the worst side to watch for a number of months and any continuation of that will see us relegated
Defence is ok but we have certainly been caught out by mobility. and pace over recent months. I would suggest a RB is needed. How you find another Bruno is impossible, Montoya for me is a good tackler but lacks any positional sense
Winger wise Solly with the right freedom to run take players on looks dangerous especially from the right.
Izquierdo locadia and AJ I think 2 need to move along and allows us to bring 2 more suited players in.
CF well I’d keep Murray and Andone as both offer something but we really need another CF who is going to start most weeks.

Best get forwards who already know how to defend as well as they attack or we’ll have to wait until mid season to introduce them to the team.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Good post, agree with all points.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Good post, agree with all points.
Really? You can’t just bin half the squad. Jose is quality we know that unfortunately he’s been plagued by injuries this season. AJ still adapting and is historical bad in his first season for all his previous clubs. Locadia has never played really as a striker give him a chance. Would cost millions to replace with no guarantee let them adapt.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Possibly. And I know many of our permanant signings haven't exactly worked out this year for one reason or another, but on principle I hate having loan players.

This...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Really? You can’t just bin half the squad. Jose is quality we know that unfortunately he’s been plagued by injuries this season. AJ still adapting and is historical bad in his first season for all his previous clubs. Locadia has never played really as a striker give him a chance. Would cost millions to replace with no guarantee let them adapt.

Hmmm... I think AJ and Locadia have both had a lot of chances, although I grant you AJ just might come good next season...

So you want CH to stay, but do things differently. I think that is unlikely to happen. And it's tantamount to saying you don't really want CH to stay.

Sent from my G8341 using Tapatalk
My view is Hughton is a pragmatist who with different options of players will take different decisions in different circumstances. He deserves a chance to show he can do better and I think there's a reasonable chance he may surprise his critics (including me)

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
I hope C.H. goes as soon as the season is over.
Let us have the opportunity to get the new man in asap. for obvious reasons.
If Hughton is kept and we are dire next season and he gets the chop, it may be more difficult to recruit a suitable replacement at that time.

Anya1000

Apr 14, 2019
I hope C.H. goes as soon as the season is over.
Let us have the opportunity to get the new man in asap. for obvious reasons.
If Hughton is kept and we are dire next season and he gets the chop, it may be more difficult to recruit a suitable replacement at that time.

Your in la la land. I genuinely believe some of our fans are mentally retarded. Hughton has done a fantastic job so far other than this blip. His aim is to keep us up if he achieves that which I believe he will it would be a fantastic season. We are a fiat panda racing against Audi, BMW, Porsche, Ferrari etc... Why don't you try racing any of those cars mentioned in a Fiat panda, you will soon better understand how CH feels. EVERYONE needs to start using their brains and stop being the typical fan giving their opinion without thought. We were fighting relegation from the Championship 4 seasons ago...

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Many are saying that CH should go but TB will not jump out of the frying pan into the fire so who should he look at as a plausible possible replacement. I cant think of one as I am sure he wouldn't bring Gus back.

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield
My view is Hughton is a pragmatist who with different options of players will take different decisions in different circumstances. He deserves a chance to show he can do better and I think there's a reasonable chance he may surprise his critics (including me)

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
You don't think CH has lost the dressing room? All the signs are there.

Sent from my G8341 using Tapatalk

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Your in la la land. I genuinely believe some of our fans are mentally retarded. Hughton has done a fantastic job so far other than this blip. His aim is to keep us up if he achieves that which I believe he will it would be a fantastic season. We are a fiat panda racing against Audi, BMW, Porsche, Ferrari etc... Why don't you try racing any of those cars mentioned in a Fiat panda, you will soon better understand how CH feels. EVERYONE needs to start using their brains and stop being the typical fan giving their opinion without thought. We were fighting relegation from the Championship 4 seasons ago...

Newly joined Anya, welcome to NSC and thank you for your kind words re my residency in La-La Land and my mentally retarded state.
Some people agree with you and some agree with me re Hughton. We disagree, so shall we just leave it at that and desist with the remarks about mental retardation.
I do believe we will stay up by the skin of our teeth; but a 'fantastic season'? I don't think so.
P.S.Yes, I remember fighting relegation,but as a club we have to look forward not backwards and personally I don't think Hughton is the man to take us forward.By the way, I watched my first Albion match in 1963, and I don't know how old you are, but I reckon there's a fair chance that I can remember more of Brighton's successes and failures than you can!

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here