Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Hughton supporters

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I don't think any manager would leave without a payoff unless he had been hunted by a better club. Wagner was a surprise and unusual.

I think that CH would be precisely the sort of honourable man to walk away if he thought it was the right thing to do. He won't be hanging around excruciatingly until he gets a pay off if he wanted out.... which I don't think he will.

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
CH deserves his respect, and he deserves to go down as the club's best manager -- but that's hardly the same thing as to whether he should continue next season. I'm just sceptical that he's the right person for us next season. I've only recently come to that view. He's an amazing defensive coach, but I have my questions about his attacking credentials, and his ability to turn games around from losing positions. Nothing stays still at this level, and it seems other coaches have worked him out, and can counter his approach increasingly effectively. I have my doubts about his ability to adapt at this level.
This is all said in the knowledge of 'be careful what you wish for' (a phrase I've uttered several times in the past), what has happened to similiar-sized clubs when they've jettisoned their defensive-oriented manager, just how much of a gent Chris is, and how brilliant he's been for us. I feel a little dirty saying it, but it's a view, that's all.

It would kinda of help the attacking football if there was a striker or two on the pitch capable of scoring.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here