Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Wareham toddler crossing death lorry driver jailed

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I know our minds are elsewhere but I saw this story in the halcyon days of yesterday when laughing at the Lottery criminal masterminds, and forgot to return to it after sentencing.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-dorset-48066113

A delivery driver who knocked down and killed a toddler on a pedestrian crossing has been jailed for a year...

...Jaiden, aged three, died when Phoenix drove through a red light in Wareham, Dorset, on 29 March, 2018.

Phoenix, 44, had admitted at Bournemouth Crown Court to causing death by careless driving.

As the defendant was sentenced at Bournemouth Crown Court, Jaiden's father stormed out, shouting: "Is that it? You got a year for killing my son?"

Paul Rogers, defending, said the car parked on the zig-zag lines had contributed to the situation.

He said the driver, Graham Booker, was "perhaps fortunate to only have been charged with careless driving himself".

Booker, 71, of North Street, Wareham, admitted motoring offences at a hearing in November. He was ordered to pay £380 and given a three-year driving ban.

Sickening, absolutely sickening.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
It has now emerged that Phoenix was jailed in 2004 after he murdered his wife in 2003, and was recalled to prison following the crash for breaching the terms of his licence.

How many people does this bloke need to kill before they lock him up for a decent amount of time. 1 year is ridiculous for killing someone

How many people does this bloke need to kill before they lock him up for a decent amount of time. 1 year is ridiculous for killing someone
What irony. The only reason he was free to kill again was because of a court's leniency. So, they just repeat it. Out in six months with good behaviour (due to pinko Ken Clarke's idiotic relaxing of the remission rules) .

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I can only assume Graham Booker got off so lightly because 'everybody does it, what harm can it do?'.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Driving offences are so woefully under punished it is ridiculous. Lock him up for 15 years and then ban the twunt from ever getting behind the wheel again.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here