Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Newcastle United *** Official Match Thread ***

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
*Brighton will kick-off only 13 minutes shy of equalling the club record of 11 hours and 13 minutes without a goal, set in 1970 in the third tier.
*The Seagulls have only mustered a total of 11 shots on target during their current goalless streak.

My calculator makes that one shot on target per hour.
:down:

We're due for a convincing win then! :clap2:

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
I've just read the Torygraph's interview with Pardew. It mentions how he took Newcastle to a 5th place finish in the Premier League in 2012 and when he left them they were in 9th place.
It makes you wonder how good Benitez and Pardew are compared to each other. It also shows how important it is to keep the fans on your side if you want to survive in management.

Surrey Phil

Aug 3, 2010
Irrespective of the Cardiff game we need to win. I’m feeling quite confident about this one today, as we beat Newcastle at their place and they haven’t scored against us in 3 games! About time luck went our way.
:albion2:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Irrespective of the Cardiff game we need to win. I’m feeling quite confident about this one today, as we beat Newcastle at their place and they haven’t scored against us in 3 games! About time luck went our way.
:albion2:

Having been by far the best team earlier in the season they are probably thinking exactly the same :smile:

We will definitely need some luck to come out of this with a win though and we are due some imo

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Due to the howling winds currently battering the South Coast, bookmakers have slashed the odds on Brighton finally scoring a goal from 50/1 to 25/1. We have hope!

It's impossible to know if these winds will be a help or hindrance, but in our game and Fulham's it's going to be a big factor.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
In order to win we need to score at least one goal - therein lies the rub.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
I've got a good feeling about today.

I think all our crap performances of recent weeks have been a ruse to lull Newcastle into a false sence of security.

Rafa will hopefully not feel the need to player a Keeper (as we practically never shoot), and then Hey Presto we shock them by firing in several shots in the first few minutes catching them completely by shock. By the time Rafa realises his mistake and puts a keeper on, we should be 3 or 4 up by then!

As Baldrick would say 'A Cunning Plan indeed' from our Chris!

Napier

Jan 27, 2009
Devon
To do that we need to get a shot or header on target there lies another problem.

I would settle for another Soilly March against Millwall or similar. I don't care who or how, whether it is on target or not, as long as somehow it finds its way in!

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I'm not confident at all about our chances today but am desperately hoping that we get a win some way, somehow.

I don't usually stay up for the late kick offs as they finish about 3:30 my time and I have to be up for work at 7 but I shall be staying up for this one. Please, please,please let it be worth it.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Brighton_Hove_05_grande.jpg

Newcastle_United_Logo.svg.png

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here