Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Newcastle United *** Official Match Thread ***

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
This isn’t over. It really isn’t

zefarelly

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
It's all gone horribly wrong. Major change required imminently.

We have some good players, not a full team at this level, but they're not really performing at their best, any of them.

Backroom needs improving, as doesmanager, if not replacing/upgrading. All down to survival/budget

An Hugely disappointing season, with nothing tangible to compare it with. And I've seen all sorts in 40 seasons

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
It's all gone horribly wrong. Major change required imminently.

We have some good players, not a full team at this level, but they're not really performing at their best, any of them.

Backroom needs improving, as doesmanager, if not replacing/upgrading. All down to survival/budget

An Hugely disappointing season, with nothing tangible to compare it with. And I've seen all sorts in 40 seasons

Exactly, anyone saying it’s all about the players, budget and recruitment team and nothing to do with the manager is in denial imo

That first half was probably the most depressing display I’ve ever see from an Albion team, and yes I was at Gillingham and the last few years at the Goldstone. I don’t think I’ve ever seen so many players hiding and not wanting the ball. There was absolutely no excuse for such a lack of passion in such a big game.

Hamilton

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Inept in 1st half.

2nd half - looked like we had remembered how to play again. Passable performance.

Now, we have show we deserve to be here with a decent performance against Arsenal or Man City.

Would love it if we shut out City and handed it to Liverpool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stuart Munday

Jul 6, 2003
Saltdean
This game summed up this season first half dreadful, second half fight and determination. Our best players March, Bruno etc,all the old guard, do we sack the manager or whoever signed the new players.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Thing is, that if we had put in a performance in the first half as we did in the second, we probably would have won because Newcastle were not all that.
We gifted them their goal, they couldn't score another when we were so so poor and when we played in the second half they were hardly in it.
Another massive missed opportunity due to an unforgivable first half.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Correct.
As usual I just live in hope that we can produce a solid and decent performance in at least 1 of our last 2 games.
If Cardiff had our last 2 games and we had theirs, I would be on the beach.

We might get a draw at arsenal but that won’t help us. We will def lose to city.

If they beat palace , and there is every chance they will then I’m bricking it. Man U are all over the place at the moment .

I’d say we are 75% sure of staying up

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
We freeze under pressure, and have done for years. I first noticed it in a televised FA Cup game against Hull when Breznovan had a stinker in goal, and it hasn't got better since. No idea why.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
Correct.
As usual I just live in hope that we can produce a solid and decent performance in at least 1 of our last 2 games.
If Cardiff had our last 2 games and we had theirs, I would be on the beach.

Although it would have to be a win. A draw in one of those games wouldn't matter with the goal difference as it is. Cardiff City would still need to win both games and they would stay up.

My worry is that I could see them turning United over.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Although it would have to be a win. A draw in one of those games wouldn't matter with the goal difference as it is. Cardiff City would still need to win both games and they would stay up.

My worry is that I could see them turning United over.
There is no way Cardiff will win both games. Thank God there are 3 teams even worse than us.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Celebrated the equaliser, as if it was our promotion goal.

A huge release of emotion after months of Amex shitness.

The match changed by simply introducing Solly March. Everyone, including Stephens, starting playing on the front foot, the NUFC players lost their cockiness.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
This game summed up this season first half dreadful, second half fight and determination. Our best players March, Bruno etc,all the old guard, do we sack the manager or whoever signed the new players.
Interesting that Sidwell said Dan Ashworh will head up recruitment next season, so that has to mean the board are not happy with the current set up
Also interesting that CH for the first time to my knowledge publicly stated we don't have the quality in the squad to attempt pressing for 90 minutes

Last edited:

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire

At least it wasn’t first 87 minutes dreadful, last 5 five minutes fight and determination. Which it often has been

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here