Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Newcastle United *** Official Match Thread ***

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Are the fans that think us wanting Hughton out finally realising where we are coming from? If this isn't the worst performance in my lifetime of watching this club... relative to our league standing - then I'm at a loss.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Jesus, moral is going to be so ****ing low in the summer. Assuming we stay up, we could relegated by Christmas unless there is wholesale changes on and off the pitch.

The players have proven they're not as bad as this. It's Hughton, he stands on the side clueless as to what to do, simply hoping. There's absolutely no tactics at all except to pick a 442, muzza just hanging on the Newcastle defensive line waiting for a cross that never comes. It's totally clueless, Hughton has sucked out all attacking intent from these players, so they just don't know what to do anymore. He has to go.

And Gt49er I like you fella, really, how can you continue to defend this lack of tactics shambles, seriously?

willalbion

May 8, 2006
London
Got to say - this is the worst performance I've seen for years - never seen such a lack of effort. Kayal strolling, Izzy unfit or uninterested - bizarre formation - wtf is Andone playing? Sack everybody. Gutless, spineless f@ckwits

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
Trollope never gets a mention, but he was part of the negative approach at Norwich and I don’t think we’ve played as well since Calderwood left. There’s clearly something very wrong with the coaching. But it’s now so bad he and Chris need to go whether we stay up or not. I’d rather get relegated than watch this sh*te every week

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
"Hey lads, I've got an idea.

If we win today we stay up. We're struggling to score but are at home to a team with nothing to play for. Lets start the game defending deep, putting no pressure on the ball or the opposition, give them all the time and space they could possibly want. Lets let them get comfortable and play as if it's a friendly.

That's definitely what will get us the result we need."

It's abysmal. Absolutely ****ing abysmal.

I have no confidence that the management will do anything to sort it out or inspire a second half revival. The players look lost. Brilliant. I think it's down to the fans now. Create an atmosphere that picks them up. We've got 45 minutes to save ourselves.

The commentator described us as being like a marathon runner who's hit the wall and is desperately holding on for the finish line, hoping it will come soon enough. Quite a good analogy I thought. It was certainly a nicer way of describing us than we merited.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I have a French stream for the game and they are actually taking the piss at how outclassed we are

Game should already be over was a stonewall penalty.

Hughton panicked abandoning the 4 4 2 straight away, should have subbed Gross (who can’t complete a simple pass) for Biss, if we going to do that. We now look hopelessly one paced and no attacking ideas

Get Knocky and Biss on FFS

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Shelley is a very good Championship midfielder, bossing our league 1 wet blankets.

Very few attacks from the left flank. Very few attacks....

He's had no opportunity to get started and is surrounded when he does because Shelvey has put a fence round the middle of the park with a sign that says 'No home players allowed'.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Not sure THIS is the game to try a formation you haven’t played in years.

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
This is unacceptable. Newcastle have run much further and sprinted much more. That is inexcusable when you are in our situation. Something seems rotten. If I was TB, I'd go and talk to them at half time but suppose that's why he is him and I'm me.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
I think we should demand a draw at the very least. We shouldn’t have to suffer much more of this shite

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Not sure what the players can do , they’ve had this shit drilled into them for so long now . Never going to suddenly change in 45 mins of football regardless of who’s on the pitch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here