Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Would You Start Knockaert Tomorrow?

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I would not rule him out, thinking of his goal line clearance against Stoke last season. He gets around the pitch a lot. With a fully fit team, he would not be a starter for me.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
First three names on the teamsheet tomorrow should be he, Kayal and Andone IMHO. Those three, plus D & D, and 6 others and we win.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
In an ideal world I would say no, he has to learn a lesson after commiting assault during the recent Bournemouth debacle. It is far from an ideal world though, and I think tomorrow our situation means that he has to play.

With us offering absolutely no support to our lone striker in recent games, he is the one palyer who, on his day, could just spark something. If and l do mean IF he channels his energy in a positive way, perhaps he could provide the spark that we need.

It is a game that we need something from, so worth a punt surely?

this topic has already been covered during the week .......to start another one on the same subject and then immediately answer your own question in the first sentence is rather naff......particularly when you accuse him of committing assault.....top six players would have got a yellow as has been shown time and time again ......wind yer neck in ....it's a yes from me.....100% definitely , we don't get 3 points from this game ....we will be off to stoke next season .

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
this topic has already been covered during the week .......to start another one on the same subject and then immediately answer your own question in the first sentence is rather naff......particularly when you accuse him of committing assault.....top six players would have got a yellow as has been shown time and time again ......wind yer neck in ....it's a yes from me.....100% definitely , we don't get 3 points from this game ....we will be off to stoke next season .

Sorry, can’t say I understand your post. Are you saying definitely play him, but we’ll go down anyway?

As for the “top six” bit that is just absurd, even Stevie Wonder would have sent Knockaert off for THAT challenge!

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Any vilification is well over the top. He’s only been sent off twice in nearly 4 years! Off the top of my head we have at least 3 current players who have been sent off more times (Dunk, Stephens, Murray) and they don’t get told that they’re on is their final chance.
AK is the best winger at the club currently, and whilst admittedly reckless, has at least seemed to have been the player trying hardest to make something happen in the weeks prior to the Bournemouth game.
So... if fit, it’s a no brainer that he must start today.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Any vilification is well over the top. He’s only been sent off twice in nearly 4 years! Off the top of my head we have at least 3 current players who have been sent off more times (Dunk, Stephens, Murray) and they don’t get told that they’re on is their final chance.
AK is the best winger at the club currently, and whilst admittedly reckless, has at least seemed to have been the player trying hardest to make something happen in the weeks prior to the Bournemouth game.

Being sent off twice in four years for robust challenges would be one thing, being sent off twice in less than two years both times for reckless and petulant lunges is another.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Use fines for disciplinary measures.

I agree with you that you should always try and play your best team. But it cant be unconditional. What about career ending challenges? Fines arent enough punishment for that

I'm all for 'everyone is equal but some people are more equal than others'.

I'd be ecstatic if AK's indiscretion could be completely ignored and he's welcomed back with open arms, but sadly he's just not good enough. (in the Premier League)

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Being sent off twice in four years for robust challenges would be one thing, being sent off twice in less than two years both times for reckless and petulant lunges is another.

Still doesn’t warrant the calls from some that he should never wear the shirt again.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Still doesn’t warrant the calls from some that he should never wear the shirt again.

Yup, time to hand it in on his way out the stadium along with AJ, Locadia, Propper (head turned) and Bong

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
I agree with you that you should always try and play your best team. But it cant be unconditional. What about career ending challenges? Fines arent enough punishment for that

The FA have punished him for that challenge.
Do you want to increase the chances of relegation to prove a point to an individual player?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

To be fair though, l think there is a big difference in the way that Knockaert obtained his red cards though, both were for terrible challenges, and the last one was akin to assault and could have easily ended the Bounemouth defvender's career.

Glenn Murray for instance is a different sort of player, one of his dismissals was for handball in the area against Sheffield Wednesday in our promotion season. Not a violent offence at all.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here