Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Portsmouth pubs, bars and restaurants

Nostalgia

Mar 22, 2012
Over there tomorrow, where are the nice pubs,bars and restaurants, I remember the traditional 1970s type shopping centre was pretty grotty, anywhere else?

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Over there tomorrow, where are the nice pubs,bars and restaurants, I remember the traditional 1970s type shopping centre was pretty grotty, anywhere else?

That's Cascades, best avoided! Gun Wharf Quay is the place to go!

Shopes

Jan 3, 2018
I haven't been there for about few years but you'll find plenty in Gunwharf, Old Portsmouth (Still & West pub if it's nice weather) and Southsea. I'd avoid central Portsmouth (near the train station).

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Gunwharf Quays is WAY better for shopping than anything Brighton's generic Churchill Square has to offer. The adidas store is to die for :love:

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
That's Cascades, best avoided! Gun Wharf Quay is the place to go!

Cascades is the 90s equivalent. He's probably thinking of the Tricorn Centre, which was a tragic combination of concrete, horrendous shops and the smell of piss.

Gunwharf is great for shopping and drinking. There are also some great establishments in Southsea

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Cascades is the 90s equivalent. He's probably thinking of the Tricorn Centre, which was a tragic combination of concrete, horrendous shops and the smell of piss.

Gunwharf is great for shopping and drinking. There are also some great establishments in Southsea

Good point but still has a nice smell of piss!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Gun Wharf is a great start off point.

Look at the Isle of Wight.
Then turn around.
Walk straight on.
Leave Gun Wharf and immediately turn left.
Left again.
Left again.

From there it should be pretty simple to get on a train and be back in Sussex, in no time.

D

Deleted member 2719

Worried for you mate, stay away from Portsmouth there are loads of #twats there.

BlockDpete

Oct 8, 2005
Southsea Castle has a microbrewery you can visit to try their ales.

Free entry to the castle too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here