Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Chris Packham

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
Read this today
https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2019/apr/25/dead-crows-left-at-chris-packhams-home-in-row-over-killing-pest-birds

Then watched this
https://vimeo.com/252876361

I didn't know he had Asperger's though he always seemed kooky on The Really Wild Show when i was a kid. It's a beautiful film.

Then saw this...
iiwrv2Yidl_15UMdU-IaTr87fVyUZDGpnJiXjI65kP0.jpg
With the quote...
Chris Packham and Terry Nutkins looking like they're about to drop the hottest techno white label of 1990.
Which made me LOL.

That's it really.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I never knew he had Aspergerer's either. But it's always been apparent to me that he's got where he is by having a totally single minded attitude to the causes he believes in. So it sort of makes sense and i'd say makes him a positive role model for those with that condition.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
I think it's amazing. It makes total sense. It's also a real reminder that TV isn't real, that it's edited/acted etc. Watching the documentary, he is so clearly on the spectrum and unusual in the most brilliant way, but as a presenter he just comes across as a bit of a nature geek.
It's a really beautiful and brave documentary and I'm glad he isn't being put off by all this nonsense that's going on at the moment.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I used to think he was a bit of a pillock but more recently I see he is passionate about supporting wildlife and habitats. Fair play to him.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I think it's amazing. It makes total sense. It's also a real reminder that TV isn't real, that it's edited/acted etc. Watching the documentary, he is so clearly on the spectrum and unusual in the most brilliant way, but as a presenter he just comes across as a bit of a nature geek.
It's a really beautiful and brave documentary and I'm glad he isn't being put off by all this nonsense that's going on at the moment.

His gate was vandalised this morning, with dead birds hung by their necks. I've seen the picture on Twitter but it is distressing so I won't post it here.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/...kham-s-home-as-petition-for-his-a4126486.html

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

wehatepalace

Limbs
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
He's talked about it a lot in recent years, and how he's learned to give the facial expression responses that other human's expect, even though it makes no sense to him to be doing them :)

There was a programme about him last year which explained his lifestyle and education. It was extremely interesting.

Seagull

Yes I eat anything
Feb 28, 2009
On the wing
Yes his Asbergers documentary was really good. The bit where he stroked stinging nettles in a detached way, as he recalled the death of the bird (avian) he had loved as a kid was very striking ...

abc

Jan 6, 2007
92000 people have signed a petition demanding he be sacked from the BBC

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes

i`m sure if one was started he`d get 92000 people supporting him.

As a farmer if the rooks/ crows dig up my seed crops and the pigeons start decimating my rape crops , I`m shooting them or getting others to.

Like the fox, Crows Rooks etc have no natural predator and left alone they would decimate small bird population.

Steve in Japan

NSC Patron
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
In an extremely competitive field, Springwatch and it's stablemates induce huge levels of boredom. Possibly the dullest TV that the BBC produces (impressive given the number of shite antiques programmes they put out).

I wouldn't hang a dead crow on his fence though.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
He's talked about it a lot in recent years, and how he's learned to give the facial expression responses that other human's expect, even though it makes no sense to him to be doing them :)

A lack of empathy (part of that spectrum) is a tricky blighter. My best wishes to all who struggle.

The actual spectrum is not a line, it is multidimensional.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
In an extremely competitive field, Springwatch and it's stablemates induce huge levels of boredom. Possibly the dullest TV that the BBC produces (impressive given the number of shite antiques programmes they put out).

I wouldn't hang a dead crow on his fence though.

I quite like Springwatch and don’t find it boring at all :shrug:

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK

As a farmer if the rooks/ crows dig up my seed crops and the pigeons start decimating my rape crops , I`m shooting them or getting others to.

Like the fox, Crows Rooks etc have no natural predator and left alone they would decimate small bird population.

Evolution seems to have found a way of ensuring they still exist though?

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014

Fortunately 94k people have signed a petition to tell BBC NOT to sack him.

Regards the wild bird population are you seriously saying that foxes are the main cause of their decline rather than the destruction of their habitat by mankind.

Next you will be saying foxes are behind the rise in knife crime now that they have moved into the cities.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Eh? Because he has AS?

Where's the petition to get the beeb to ditch Will Young?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here