Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch Westdene Seagull's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by CliveWalkerWingWizard View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Complete and utter twaddle
    And it's exactly that type of attitude that has got us to where we are today with MMR. At the time my kids got the single jabs the government was in full flow denial mode that there was any risk with the MMR but the original report hadn't been proven wrong - that came later. Lots of parents wanted the single jabs but couldn't afford them so those kids went unvaccinated thus creating a huge risk. Now I'm all for debunking false statements but surely in this case the most important issue is how to get kids vaccinated rather than the politics of 'MMR jabs are a risk', 'Oh no they're not' ?
    BAN Village Idiots
    The devil whispered in my ear : "You're not strong enough to withstand the storm."
    I whispered in the devils ear : " I am the storm."

• North Stand Chat

advertising

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch Westdene Seagull's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Bold Seagull View Post
      Imagine having to offer various alternatives on the NHS for every crackpot, ridiculous, Daily Mail spreading scare story. Where would it end?
      But until MMR came along single vacccines were given ..... we're not talking about extract of badger preventing TB as a theory - the valid single jabs existed, had been in use and worked.
      BAN Village Idiots
      The devil whispered in my ear : "You're not strong enough to withstand the storm."
      I whispered in the devils ear : " I am the storm."

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Thunder Bolt View Post
      There is no probably about it. It is false. Unfortunately, social media has played a part in spreading false fears.

For every one child who isn't vaccinated, they can infect 15 others. I survived measles when I was 6 but many children weren't so lucky. Vaccinations wiped out smallpox, and measles should not be a worry nowadays.
      Many Mums think it is a childhood disease, but it can cause blindness, deafness, meningitis and encephalitis, and death.
      Please please please vaccinate your children.
      Spot on.
      "Prejudice is a great time saver. You can form opinions without having to get the facts"
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Westdene Seagull View Post
      But until MMR came along single vacccines were given ..... we're not talking about extract of badger preventing TB as a theory - the valid single jabs existed, had been in use and worked.
      From memory, Andrew Wakefield wanted single jabs and a one year wait between jabs. Potentially very dangerous and also expensive.

0 Not allowed!
      Yes sorry, of course they are, but they're riskier, not as effective, not as practical and leave children exposed for longer because they are administered over a longer time period. There really is no case for the NHS to offer them just because parents have been scared into not having the MMR.

I completely understand your decision because at the time it seemed pretty scary. I'm talking about what we know now.
      Not seen such Bravery! Blue Valkyrie's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      I wonder who might be spreading infectious disease by disinformation attacks ?

It will be interesting when they find out where the disinformation sources from. In fact, they hopefully know. We are in a hybrid war - a war nobody acknowledges - attacked in this case by a hybrid disinformation-biological weapon.

Total deniability.

Usual suspect.
      Last edited by Blue Valkyrie; 25-04-2019 at 17:43.
      Out of contract June 2020 : Bong, Balogun, Kayal, Murray, Schelotto, Ahannach

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
      This

This

This

You're an idiot.
      This.
      Last edited by Dick Head; 25-04-2019 at 17:38.
      ● A 21-year-old man from Shoreham was arrested at the Amex stadium on suspicion of throwing a pie at Wilfried Zaha ●

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by vegster View Post
      We come from a time when vaccination was the norm as the diseases around then could be killers. In our day I think everyone was queuing up for ANY vaccination rather than face Polio, Measles, Scarlet Fever etc, they never truly all went away but thanks to vaccines they were marginalised to a huge degree.

Nowdays, an adverse reaction to a vaccine gets proportionately more coverage and scares people off and gets them questioning the reasons why we vaccinate in a negative way.

EDIT : Yes, of course I was vaccinated and so was my daughter.
      Indeed, being an Aircraft Engineer with BCal/BA we got offered everything not a month went by when we weren't standing out nurse's room (oh er) waiting for sharp scratch.
      “FROM the towns all Inns have been driven: from the villages most. . . . Change your hearts or you will lose your Inns and you will deserve to have lost them. But when you have lost your Inns drown your empty selves, for you will have lost the last of England.”
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      And it's exactly that type of attitude that has got us to where we are today with MMR. At the time my kids got the single jabs the government was in full flow denial mode that there was any risk with the MMR but the original report hadn't been proven wrong - that came later. Lots of parents wanted the single jabs but couldn't afford them so those kids went unvaccinated thus creating a huge risk. Now I'm all for debunking false statements but surely in this case the most important issue is how to get kids vaccinated rather than the politics of 'MMR jabs are a risk', 'Oh no they're not' ?
      Sorry, that doesn't make any sense. What politics were the government playing? Their view has been completely vindicated.
      A. Virgo, Football Genius

2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Mustafa View Post
      People concerned about vaccines, are quite likely completely unaware of BPA.
      you have to be joking, typical the anti-vax crowd are all over the BPA fear. it has a similar source in poor understanding of science and fear of "them" trying to control population or something (failing badly at it if they are).

and it does seem to be fear, though even expert sources perpetuating the story. main flaw in the story is that the BPA is used in polycarbonate plastic, a hard plastic used in things like windows, when most food containers are polyethylene or polypropylene. your "single use" water bottle wont contain BPA, its made from PET (polyethylene).
      Daily Mail readers are living in a perpetual hell, expecting their homes to be overrun at any minute by hoodie wearing, skunk smoking, muslim, transgender, asylum seekers.