Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] This has to stop as it's getting embarrassing. (Media reporting our negativity)

ukpolska

Dec 30, 2017
Warsaw, Poland
Come on guys enough is enough and we have all been through good and bad times with this club and this club needs us now with a positive backing from its supporters.

I know, I know, we are suffering right now, but the last thing we need is this negativity getting back to the players at a time when they need our full support.

The media is starting to pick up on this and publishing negative comments from this forum and elsewhere. People have a total 100% right to their opinion but let's try and calm it down a tad and get behind the team we love.

https://www.themag.co.uk/2019/04/brighton-fans-comments-ahead-of-newcastle-game-not-happy-with-chris-hughton-or-anything-else-newcastle-united/

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
I don't care what the media says. What do they know, really.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Couldn't give a ###ing ####.

giphy.gif

phoenix

May 18, 2009
So f***ing what ? I want top flight football, then worry about it next season.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
That's just lazy journalism, if anything.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Come on guys enough is enough and we have all been through good and bad times with this club and this club needs us now with a positive backing from its supporters.

I know, I know, we are suffering right now, but the last thing we need is this negativity getting back to the players at a time when they need our full support.

The media is starting to pick up on this and publishing negative comments from this forum and elsewhere. People have a total 100% right to their opinion but let's try and calm it down a tad and get behind the team we love.

https://www.themag.co.uk/2019/04/brighton-fans-comments-ahead-of-newcastle-game-not-happy-with-chris-hughton-or-anything-else-newcastle-united/

It's hardly "the media", it's one fan run website taking a few comments about their teams next opponents and creating a negative article. They could have found just as many pro Hughton comments if they'd wanted to but that wouldn't have fitted with their agenda. Besides which we seem to have given up scoring for lent, it's not that ridiculous that some fans are going to be annoyed by the lack of goals and loss of form we've seen for pretty much the whole of 2019 and will be very vocal in their disappointment.

If you find that embarrassing how did you cope when we were proper shit-house both on and off the pitch?

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Not really suffering are we.

Worst case scenario is we end up in the Championship playing mostly Saturdays at the Amex.

Found it more stressful when challenging for promotions if I'm honest

Agree the constant whining on here is boring , time to get behind the team and be together to stay up.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
It's a Toon Mag they are going to highlight all our shortcomings, we will have no sympathy from their supporters or team, why should we?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

The Mag is a crappy click-bait online fanzine written by a kid in his bedroom, when he has to do something else with his time because his wrist and his cock hurt. It is no more 'the media' than NSC is.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
The Mag is a fans forum for Newcastle fans, much like NSC. It’s not a mainstream media site, so, any quotes they use are not going to be the most representative of our supporters.

el punal

It is what it is. I don’t give a monkey’s about what the media, pundits, rival fans think about us. Last season we were plucky little Brighton, first time in the Premier League and holding their own, blah, blah, blah. Right, we’ve built them up, now’s it time to knock them down. Pathetic.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
A Newcastle fanzine went trawling through here to try and dig some dirt with a hope of putting our players off before the game. Shows how worried they are IMHO. **** 'em.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
the last thing we need is this negativity getting back to the players at a time when they need our full support.

The media is starting to pick up on this and publishing negative comments from this forum ......

"Hey, Florin. Did you read the latest article in The Mag?"
"I know Davy, I can't believe it. It's made me really sad"

Shit. We need to stop this immediately.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
If we do stay up on goal difference, it will be our parsimony in defence that has achieved it, certainly not our prowess in front of goal.

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
My suggestion is...ignore it, who cares? Newcastle fans have spent the last decade moaning about life under Mike Ashley (understandably). Our fans, like at every club fall into the support the club "Stand or Fall" bracket or those with unrealistic expectations who like a good moan.

AlastairWatts

Nov 1, 2009
High Wycombe
What you're really saying is that we shouldn't criticise recent on-field performances. Dunno if you were present for the Bournemouth debacle but most everyone left stunned at the display. Dito Cardiff. Yet now there are signs of improvement - the Spurs game showed just what they can do, yet you appear to believe that no criticism should be made.

There are literally tens of thousands of people just hoping that this will continue on Saturday. But that doesn't means that I or we can't criticise slecetion, passing ability or the lack of goal scoring opportunity. Otherwise we wouldn't be fans, would we?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here