Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Manchester derby match.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
I didn't watch it but that hasn't stopped me thinking Cardiff could beat Man Utd on the last day given the current motivation levels of both teams.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Did anyone else watch it and think Cardiff could beat Manure and put us up a creek with no boat let alone a paddle..

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Last night ? Far more concerning was watching Man U get ripped apart by Everton, not champions-elect Man City. Was worried way before last night's game. We have to be 3 points ahead of Cardiff before the Man City game otherwise I think we're fooked.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
If Cardiff suddenly turned into Man City then I would be very fearful of them turning United over, you're absolutely right.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Thought United played well against a ridiculously talented City side.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I'm more worried about how Solskjaer would feel about relegating his old club, if there is nothing in the game for Utd.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I'm more worried about how Solskjaer would feel about relegating his old club, if there is nothing in the game for Utd.

Didn't he fall out with Tan?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I was reminded of 2007 when a woeful West Ham went to Man United needing a result to stay up in the last game and amazingly beat them 1-0. Man Utd didn't turn up that day. It sent Sheffiled United down on 38 points. Could happen again.

https://www.whufc.com/club/history/greatest-matches/manchester-united-0-west-ham-united-1

Some interesting players playing that day:

Manchester United: Van der Sar, O'Shea, Brown, Heinze, Evra (Giggs 57), Solskjaer, Carrick (Scholes 58), Fletcher, Richardson, Smith (Ronaldo 58), Rooney
Subs Not Used: Kuszczak, Vidic
West Ham United: Green, Neill, Ferdinand, Collins, McCartney (Spector 28), Benayoun, Reo-Coker, Noble, Boa Morte, Tevez (Mullins 82), Zamora (Harewood 63)
Subs not used: Walker, Davenport

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Not an issue. He'll take any win he can get at the moment and will want to finish the season in some kind of style...

You're probably right.

Not sure how he left things at Cardiff.
The couple of fans I chatted to after the Cardiff game blamed him for saddling them with a load of overpaid wasters.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Hard to tell.

Utd beat Chelsea and tails up.

Football changes quickly.

If the game was tomorrow then would be concerned if they need a point

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I think there is 0% chance of that being an influence If I were Solskjaer I'd be worrying about my own job given the wheels have come off since his permanent appointment. I'd want to sign off with a good win.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Kept thinking they basically gave Citeh the title to stop Liverpool and not really much effect on us. Cardiff have a chance in all their games (which are much easier than ours) but we have a chance too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here